The test doesn’t get any easier this week with the Rams traveling to take on the Seattle Seahawks and dynamic rookie Kenneth Walker, who is just 64 yards away from topping the 1,000 mark. Fortunately for LA, Greg Gaines is expected to return after a shoulder injury limited his availability against the Chargers. Beating Seattle all starts with slowing down the run and putting the weight of the game on QB Geno Smith.
By winning this game the Rams can spoil the Seahawks’ playoff hopes, and they’d setup a win-or-go-home showdown between the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lions on Sunday Night Football. Can Sean McVay and the Rams do their former quarterback, Jared Goff, a solid and create a win-and-in opportunity for the Lions?
The conclusion of the 2022 season won’t bring much closure to Los Angeles - instead the final game represents the start of speculation for 2023 and how the Rams return to contention next year. Can the Rams make the climb from an injury-riddled five or six win team back to the Super Bowl, or will we remember 2021 as the peak moment for this era of LA football? Time will tell.
Blaine Grisak & JB Scott are back with another episode of Last Minute Thoughts, where we break down news, injuries, matchups, and everything you need to know 24 hours in advance of the Rams taking on the Seahawks.
- How will Rams history remember the 2022 season?
- What went wrong last week against Chargers?
- Could next year’s ground attack be best Matthew Stafford has ever played with?
- Nick Scott will miss this game. Russ Yeast will start. Will we see Quentin Lake?
- Rams kept last game against Seahawks close. Is Baker Mayfield the difference?
- Will Tutu Atwell make an impact after a couple quiet games?
- What is the plan for the secondary in 2023?
- Rams’ number one offseason priority is...