Both teams have been disappointments overall, as they expected to be contenders amongst the NFC Conference but sit in the 3rd and 4th positions of the NFC West division currently. This game effectively ends the season of the loser and gives some hope to the team that comes out on top.
The stakes are high for this NFC West matchup, but both Matthew Stafford and Kyler Murray are in danger of missing Sunday’s game. Stafford is in the NFL’s concussion protocol and would be replaced by some combination of John Wolford and Bryce Perkins. Murray is limited by a hamstring injury. His replacement is veteran Colt McCoy, but whoever plays will be behind an injury-riddled and short-handed offensive line.
Things were supposed to look much different for the Rams and Cardinals after they extended their quarterbacks this offseason.
Stafford’s extension with LA pays him an average of $40M a year and the earliest they could likely move on from him isn’t until after the 2025 season. Murray’s contract with Arizona pays him around $46M annually, though he hasn’t taken his team deep into the playoffs or helped lead them to a Super Bowl victory as Stafford has. However, the question with Stafford remains: Was he just along for the ride with a championship roster?
We’re back with Turf Show Times: The Podcast. Blaine Grisak & JB Scott give their Last Minute Thoughts ahead of this Week 10 divisional matchup:
- Did Rams lose gave vs. Bucs, or was this just Tom Brady being the GOAT?
- Last offensive sequence could haunt LA for rest of season, especially if they are game short of playoffs
- Discussing Rams injury report, including potential absence of Matthew Stafford
- Could mobility of John Wolford, Bryce Perkins give this offense a boost?
- Blaine gives his thoughts on ability of rookie RB Kyren Williams
- Even if Kyler Murray plays, he could be limited and playing behind short-handed OL
- It’s time to get Tutu Atwell involved on offense
- Which QB contract extension from this offseason was worse - Stafford’s or Murray’s?
- Predictions and final thoughts
Be sure to subscribe to Turf Show Times: The Podcast wherever you listen to your podcast. Our team will continue to keep you updated on the status of Kyler Murray and Matthew Stafford ahead of Sunday’s game, and we will be back on the podcast to give you our INITIAL REACTION to the final outcome.