Back at Los Angeles Rams training camp on day six. It’s the first day in pads and the first time working through an injury scenario with our new QB1. After banging his throwing hand thumb on a helmet on Monday, pulling out of practice early, and having X-Rays which came back clean, Matthew Stafford was back as a full participant on Tuesday and throwing darts.
Here are some other observations from Tuesday’s practice:
- Cooper Kupp had another impressive day hooking up with Stafford in all periods. During one on ones beat David Long Jr on a deep post, during 11 on 11 vs the starters connected again on a deep post, and in the two minute drill connected on two consecutive plays, in the middle and again in the flat.
- Stafford to Van Jefferson missed on a couple deep throws during 11 on 11s. One was down the right sideline and the other was a seam route from the slot, Jefferson had an outside release but still got over the top. On both instances the ball was out in front of Jefferson. He did otherwise have a few catches including a highlight break and completion against Jalen Ramsey during one on ones.
- WR DeSean Jackson had a nice deep ball catch from Stafford in 11 on 11s vs the twos.
- Darrell Henderson Jr. took almost all of the reps at RB with the starters. Xavier Jones rotated in a few with the ones and ran most of the reps with the twos. Henderson and Jones both look quick. Hendo slicing and Jones shifty.
- RB Jake Funk also took reps with the second group. He had a nice catch on a slant vs the starters. Raymond Calais rotated in a few reps with the twos.
- On linebackers, with Leonard Floyd the starting corps included Kenny Young, Micah Kiser, and Justin Hollins. Taking most of the reps with the twos on the inside were Troy Reeder and Travin Howard.
- Safety Nick Scott intercepted Stafford on a deep pass intended for Robert Woods. This play might have gotten the biggest crowd reaction of the day.
- WR J.J Koski had at least 3 catches today including one with Jalen Ramsey as the closest defender.
- Rookie WR Landen Akers beat his defender for a nice deep ball catch during one on ones and then beat Darious WIlliams for a catch during 11 on 11s.
- TE Tyler Higbee came across the middle second level and made a nice leaping catch over the linebackers during the two minute drill. Great ball by QB1!