The Los Angeles Rams saw a strong four-quarter performance from quarterback Bryce Perkins, plus flashes of excellence from players like Chris Garrett, Xavier Jones, Jake Funk, J.J. Koski, Brontae Harris, J.R. Reed and others, but lost a preseason game to the Las Vegas Raiders on Saturday night.
The most important takeaways from the game won’t be found in the box score but in who played, who didn’t play, and what they did that will either earn them more chances in the future or spell the end of their Rams career.
Moments after the game ended, Blane Dydasco and I sat down for an instant reaction edition of Pod-TST. Listen to the full show on the link below or find the Turf Show Times Pod-TST podcast on your preferred podcast episode. Click subscribe to have the shows automatically sent to you shortly after every LA Rams game this season.
Below the player, I’ll list out some of the topics we cover in this Instant Reaction show:
- The play of linebackers Travin Howard, Micah Kiser early in the game
- The cost of penalties on Saturday
- The play of Jake Funk and Xavier Jones
- How J.J. Koski and Landon Akers made their case without Trishton Jackson on the field
- Matt Gay’s debut at punter
- Is the kicking position actually settled?
- Bryce Perkins and the two fade throws to Jacob Harris
- The play of the secondary
- How the offensive line did
- What will become of punt returner following Raymond Calais’ injury?
- Jalen Ramsey saying he will be “unleashed” this season
- What Jacob Harris did
- Final takeaways