The Rams were well represented on the NFL’s All-Decade team this week with the inclusion of Aaron Donald and Johnny Hekker.
That inspired us to present the best Rams’ draft choice of each round during the last decade. Here goes:
1. Aaron Donald, defensive lineman, 2014: There was no consideration here. Donald was one of the best picks of this decade by any team in any round. Twelve people were drafted before him in 2014. Unreal. He’s the best defensive player of his era and is a sure Hall of Famer.
2. Roger Saffold, tackle, 2010: Saffold was a solid Ram for nine seasons. A very nice pick.
3. Trumaine Johnson, cornerback 2012: Some of you may want Cooper Kupp here and perhaps he will end up being the top player in this slot. But Johnson was a good cornerback for the Rams for six seasons. He provided great value.
4. Tyler Higbee, tight end, 2016: He has been a solid player with potential for more production.
5. Michael Hoomanawanui, tight end, 2010: He played in the NFL for seven years, even though he played for the Rams for just two years.
6. Greg Zuerlein, kicker, 2012: Greg The Leg was one of the Rams’ best picks of the decade. He left last month to Dallas in free agency after a poor year. But there’s no denying he made a lot of big kicks for the Rams in eight seasons.
7. Bryce Hager, linebacker, 2015: Hager is a free agent, who made a solid contribution, mostly on special teams, for the past five seasons.