The L.A. Rams have selected kicker Sam Sloman out of Miami (OH) with the 248th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft. The Rams parted ways with veteran Greg Zuerlein in the offseason and signed two kickers to compete in his place, but nobody who would have an obvious advantage in winning a job. Drafting a kicker in any round is a sign that they have some good qualities about them, but is so very far from any sort of guarantee that they’ll work at the next level.
Including if they end up working out well for another team, which has been the case in recent years with players like Jake Elliott and Harrison Butker, who weren’t drafted by the teams they’re currently with. Will Sam Sloman win the job and keep the competition at bay all year long?
The Rams were connected to Sloman before the draft. He went 26-of-30 last season.
What’s your grade of the pick of K Sam Sloman
This poll is closed
Rams 2020 draft picks:
- Round 2, (pick 52): RB Cam Akers, FSU
- Round 2, (pick 57): WR Van Jefferson, Florida
- Round 3, (pick 84): LB Terrell Lewis, Alabama
- Round 3, (pick 104): S Terrell Burgess, Utah
- Round 4, (pick 136): TE Brycen Hopkins, Purdue
- Round 6, (pick 199): S Jordan Fuller, Ohio State
- Round 7, (pick 234): LB Clay Johnston, Baylor
- Round 7, (pick 248): K Sam Sloman, Miami (OH)
- Round 7, (pick 250): G Tremayne Anchrum, Clemson
2020 NFL draft schedule:
ABC, ESPN and NFL Network will televise the draft.
Thursday, April 23
5 p.m. PT (Round 1 - 10 minutes per pick)
Friday, April 24
4-9 p.m. PT (Round 2 - seven minutes per pick; Round 3 - five minutes per pick)
Saturday, April 25
9 am PT (Rounds 4 and 5 - five minutes per pick; Round 7 - four minutes per pick)