The L.A. Rams have selected tight end Brycen Hopkins out of Purdue with the 136th pick in the NFL draft. The Rams have chosen to add a fourth round tight end even though they have Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett at the position already. Clearly Les Snead felt this was a better player than attempting to fill any “needs” at this time. He is 6’4, 245 lbs and ran a 4.66 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The Rams traded back from 126 with the Houston Texans, adding two seventh round picks in the process to get to 136.
More details coming ...
What’s your grade for the Rams selection of TE Brycen Hopkins
This poll is closed
Rams 2020 draft picks:
- Round 2, (pick 52): RB Cam Akers, FSU
- Round 2, (pick 57): WR Van Jefferson, Florida
- Round 3, (pick 84): LB Terrell Lewis, Alabama
- Round 3, (pick 104): S Terrell Burgess, Utah
- Round 4, (pick 136): TE Brycen Hopkins, Purdue
- Round 6, (pick 199): S Jordan Fuller, Ohio State
2020 NFL draft schedule:
ABC, ESPN and NFL Network will televise the draft.
Thursday, April 23
5 p.m. PT (Round 1 - 10 minutes per pick)
Friday, April 24
4-9 p.m. PT (Round 2 - seven minutes per pick; Round 3 - five minutes per pick)
Saturday, April 25
9 am PT (Rounds 4 and 5 - five minutes per pick; Round 7 - four minutes per pick)