Practice begins at 4:00pm PT
Autographs: Quarterbacks, Tight Ends
2019 training camp previews
- Countdown to Camp #5: Final shot for some Rams
- Countdown to Camp #5 Question: Who will be missed the most?
- Countdown to Camp #4: Rams continue to land star veterans
- Countdown to Camp #4 Question: Which star vet will have the most impact?
- Countdown to Camp #3: Out with the old, in with the new
- Countdown to Camp #3 Question: Which rookie will have the most impact?
- Countdown to Camp #2: Gurley’s knee
- Countdown to Camp #2 Question: Will Gurley have more or less than 200 carries?
- Countdown to Camp #1: Super Bowl hangover?
- Countdown to Camp #1 Question: How many losses would constitute a Super Bowl hangover?
One in the books. And an important one, symbolically.
The Los Angeles Rams docked Day 1 without any injury news while getting RB Todd Gurley and WR Cooper Kupp back on the field.
Now, it’s time to dispose of the pleasantries and get to work.
Nothing from yesterday. Good job, errbody!
However, the Kansas City Chiefs’ Head Trainer did tweet this yesterday AM:
In NFL training camps we see dehydration levels dip to their lowest in day 3 and it takes til day 11 to normalize. We also see significant amounts of soft tissue injuries in that time period.— Rick Burkholder (@proatc) July 27, 2019
Might wanna tighten up the next two days as the players re-acclimate their bodies to football.
We can start settling in a bit more into the rigor of training camp. The sheen of novelty is gone. Work has to get done.
Let’s see now that we’ve washed off the layer of spectacle off what awaits today.
Does DL Aaron Donald need to be out there?
What’s to be gained from him doing training camp work?
Donald missed the last two camps holding out for a new contract. He got that contract, duly deserved. But the last two seasons, he played spectacularly. What is there to gain from him working in drills, having him go against the Rams’ interior linemen? Or more specifically, how does what is there to gain balance up against what the risk is?
I wouldn’t have a single gripe were Donald to just split time today with fan activations and then work the sidelines.
The last two years proved Aaron Donald doesn’t need training camp.
As a Rams fan, I wish training camp didn’t need Aaron Donald.