Practice begins at 4:00pm PT
Autographs: Defensive line
We made it. Football is back.
We got through our previews yesterday:
- Countdown to Camp #5: Final shot for some Rams
- Countdown to Camp #5 Question: Who will be missed the most?
- Countdown to Camp #4: Rams continue to land star veterans
- Countdown to Camp #4 Question: Which star vet will have the most impact?
- Countdown to Camp #3: Out with the old, in with the new
- Countdown to Camp #3 Question: Which rookie will have the most impact?
- Countdown to Camp #2: Gurley’s knee
- Countdown to Camp #2 Question: Will Gurley have more or less than 200 carries?
- Countdown to Camp #1: Super Bowl hangover?
- Countdown to Camp #1 Question: How many losses would constitute a Super Bowl hangover?
So far, we’re set up well to head into training camp.
Fortunately, there’s not much to cover here. There will be in the days ahead.
Fingers crossed that it’s limited in scope.
Eyes will certainly be on the offensive line today. But don’t discount the reps from backup QB Blake Bortles. He’s situated to be among the best backups in the league. His first work with the Rams’ brass should be engaging.
The more interesting side in camp. The Rams’ defense wilted against the run last year and was inconsistently acceptable against the pass at best. Last year’s performance, along with the personnel turnover, make this group the top billing of camp marquee.
With DL Ndamukong Suh, LB Mark Barron and S Lamarcus Joyner gone, does a porous run defense become even more vulnerable? Do veteran additions in LB Clay Matthews and S Eric Weddle prop things up for now? Do the defensive draftees in S Taylor Rapp, CB David Long Jr., and DL Greg Gaines help propel things forward to begin 2019?
Make sure to hit us up on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with updates if you’re in person.