As we near the opening of training camp for the 2019 Los Angeles Rams, we’re counting down the top storylines.
- Countdown to Camp #5: Final shot for some Rams
- Countdown to Camp #5 Question: Who will be missed the most?
- Countdown to Camp #4: Rams continue to land star veterans
- Countdown to Camp #4 Question: Which star vet will have the most impact?
- Countdown to Camp #3: Out with the old, in with the new
- Countdown to Camp #3 Question: Which rookie will have the most impact?
- Countdown to Camp #2: Gurley’s knee
- Countdown to Camp #2 Question: Will Gurley have more or less than 200 carries?
- Countdown to Camp #1: Super Bowl hangover?
In my final preview for training camp today, I looked at the term hanging around the Los Angeles Rams as we head toward 2019: a Super Bowl hangover.
We know it doesn’t mean anything.
Is it supposed to suggest that the Rams could struggle in 2019 specifically because they didn’t win the Super Bowl? That’s silly.
Is it supposed to suggest the Rams might not win as many games this year or get back to the Super Bowl? That’s entirely possible, but it doesn’t have anything to do with their appearance in the Super Bowl.
So knowing that fly-by national media pundits will be leaning into that phrase if the Rams don’t have yet another spectacular season, what would prevent them from using it? What would negate them from using it?
I’ve got the Rams going 12-4, so clearly I’m not buying into the idea of a Super Bowl hangover limiting the team in any way this year.
But maybe some of you are buying into the idea of a hangover manifesting in the form of several more losses. So what say you? Are you buying into the idea of a hangover? Are you buying into the under?
The Rams’ over/under for win totals is 10.5.
How many games will the 2019 Los Angeles Rams in the regular season?
This poll is closed