Coming into Day 2 of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams were slated to make their first selection with the 45th overall pick — a pick they acquired via trading down (from 31) with the Atlanta Falcons. If it all played out as scheduled, the Rams would have also made selections in the 3rd round with picks 79, 94, and 99 on Friday evening.
But it was not meant to be. Les Snead simply wouldn’t allow it. A look at the chaos:
- Rams traded No. 45 to the New England Patriots for No. 56 and 101
- Rams traded No. 56 to the Kansas City Chiefs for No. 61 and 167
- Rams traded No. 94 and 99 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for No. 70
- Rams traded No. 101 and 133 to the New England Patriots in exchange for No. 97 and 162
The results of those trades lead to these Day 2 selections for the Rams:
- Round 2 (61 overall) - Washington safety Taylor Rapp
- Round 3 (70 overall) - Memphis running back Darrell Henderson
- Round 3 (79 overall) - Michigan cornerback David Long
- Round 3 (97 overall) - Oklahoma offensive lineman Bobby Evans
It’s obvious the Rams still have some work to do if they’re to address all of their needs. But given what they’ve accomplished on Day 2, how do you think they fared?
How are you grading this selection for the Rams? (The poll below will be stripped out on Google AMP and Apple News, but feel free to leave your grade/thoughts in the comments section)
How do you grade the Rams’ draft haul for Rounds 2-3?
This poll is closed