The Los Angeles Rams will head into halftime of their 2019 regular season finale against the Arizona Cardinals with a 17-10 lead.
The Rams’ defense had played well for much of the first half, limiting the Cardinals to a mere 7 points just before halftime. But the Cardinals were able to move the ball downfield efficiently and make it a one score game heading into half. A positive note on the turnover front, safety Taylor Rapp and inside linebacker Cory Littleton both recovered a pair of loose balls, putting the Rams’ offense back on the field.
The Rams’ offense has done enough, despite rushing for only 36 yards in the first half.
Greg Zuerlein missed an opportunity to put the Rams up 20-10 late in the second quarter.
Here’s a look at the scoring summary for the first half:
- Q1 (9:17): Greg Zuerlein 47-yard field goal is good. Rams lead, 3-0
- Q1 (4:00): Kyler Murray completes a touchdown pass deep middle to Dan Arnold. Cardinals lead, 7-3
- Q2 (10:59): Malcolm Brown up the middle 3 yards for a touchdown. Rams lead, 10-7
- Q2 (3:55): Jared Goff 6-yard touchdown pass complete to Cooper Kupp. Rams lead, 17-7
- Q2 (:07): Zane Gonzalez 31-yard field goal is good. Rams lead, 17-10