Here’s a brief recap of the scoring from the first 30 minutes:
- The Saints got on the board early with a Wil Lutz field goal (from 37 yards out) on the very first drive, making it 3-0 New Orleans.
- On the ensuing drive, a 3rd and 7 pass from Jared Goff to Todd Gurley was intercepted right outside the red zone. Lutz converted on a 29 yard-er to make it 6-0 Saints.
- Following a 3-play, 2-yard drive by the Rams, the Saints marched 68 yards on 8 plays for a touchdown (Drew Brees to Garrett Griffin - 5 yards). 13-0 Saints
- The Rams put together a nice drive - to include a Johnny Hekker fake punt - that ended with a Greg Zuerlein field goal with just under 7 minutes to play in the second quarter. 13-3 Saints with 6:50 left in Q2
- Jared Goff drops a 36-yard dime to Brandin Cooks, lining up Todd Gurley with 0:23 left in the half. Momentum has definitely swung in the Rams direction. Saints lead 13-10
Rams ball to start the second!