There was a time, not all that long ago, that considering drafting a player on the St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams for you fantasy football squad made you a fanboy/girl. You had to have been, right? The offense was awful. The coaching was awful. And more likely than not you were drafting a player several rounds too early who would be relegated to your bench.
Well times have changed, and the Rams’ offense is now a force to be reckoned with. Over at RotoWorld, fantasy football expert Evan Silva dropped his initial Top 150 fantasy rankings for 2018. He’ll continue to tweak these as the summer roles on, but for now it’s the reigning Offensive Player of the Year that sits atop his rankings. Here’s how Todd Gurley, and the rest of the Rams, landed on his list:
1. Todd Gurley (RB1) – Exploded as every-down RB in first year w/ Sean McVay. All 5 OLs return.
42. Brandin Cooks (WR20) – Likely loses consistency going from pass-first Pats to balanced Rams.
76. Robert Woods (WR35) – Led Rams in targets/game (7.1). Went off in playoff loss (9/142/0).
83. Cooper Kupp (WR41) – Sophomore slot WR led Rams in targets (94), RZ targets (23) as rookie.
123. Jared Goff (QB16) – Stable if low-ceiling late-round QB likely to experience TD % regression.