Last night, the Los Angeles Rams announced they have signed all of the rookies they drafted in the 2018 NFL Draft to their rookie contracts.
A reminder of who officially got pen to paper:
- TCU Horned Frogs OT Joseph Noteboom (3/89)
- Michigan State Spartans C Brian Allen (4/111)
- Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks DL John Franklin-Myers (4/135)
- Virginia Cavaliers ILB Micah Kiser (5/147)
- Oklahoma Sooners EDGE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (5/160)
- Tennessee Volunteers RB John Kelly (6/176)
- Maine Black Bears OL Jamil Demby (6/192)
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights DT Sebastian Joseph-Day (6/195)
- Louisville Cardinals OLB Trevon Young (6/205)
- TCU Horned Frogs LB Travin Howard (7/231)
- SMU Mustangs EDGE Justin Lawler (7/244)
All rookies have to be signed to four-year contracts under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement meaning these guys will be inked through the 2021 season.
It’s an exciting list of rookies that, now that organized team activities are done, we can look forward to seeing at training camp.
Some of the rooks responded on Twitter:
1.6% of NCAA athletes make it.... GOD IS GREAT pic.twitter.com/vdMXD0Gb8h— Sebastian Joseph-Day (@SJD_51) June 9, 2018
I’m gone keep grinding till we living how we supposed to live. #RamNation pic.twitter.com/OMUGpsYiUq— John Franklin-Myers (@J_FranklinMyers) June 9, 2018
Me personally, I wanna speak to whoever had to set up that monitor and the graphic in the background. We couldn’t clear out the space in the face mask to show the background? Pen tool! Great call on the font, though. A classy script never fails.
Congrats to the Rams’ draft class on contracts. Terms and details to come. Stay tuned to TST for updates.