- Rams defer. Saints will receive to start.
- Some sloppy tackling made things pretty easy overall on that first drive, though the Rams did put the Saints in a fourth down situation. Long game!
- Rams 0, Saints 7
- Great response from the offensive line to power RB Todd Gurley into the end zone after an earlier reception by TE Tyler Higbee carved up a ton of field.
- Rams 7, Saints 7
Todd Gurley II gets to the edge and finishes with a touchdown!— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) November 4, 2018
- And another long drive gets the Saints a touchdown. Rams had them in 3rd and 8, but RB Alvin Kamara burned S Lamarcus Joyner for the TD reception.
- Rams 7, Saints 14
- And the Rams respond. WR Brandin Cooks, WR Robert Woods, and the finishing touch from Cooks.
- Rams 14, Saints 14
- FUMBLE! EDGE Samson Ebukam pops it out of RB Mark Ingram’s clutches! Huge opportunity for Rams now.
- Saints get the stop. Rams K Greg Zuerlein on to kick.
- FAKE! P Johnny Hekker runs for it and appeared to extend the ball for the first down, but the spot was short. Rams HC Sean McVay throws the challenge flag, and this should get overturned.
- Wow. The spot stands. I thought there was one angle that showed clearly that when Hekk’s knee was down that he extended the nose of the ball past the first down marker...
- And the Saints make the most of the turnover on downs. March down and push through a third down pass to take the lead.
- Rams 14, Saints 21
- Rams get in field goal position, but K Greg Zuerlein misses from 51. Good field position now for Saints that clearly don’t need it.
- Playcalls rip up the Rams’ D. 3rd and 6, and they isolate Barron to get a first. And then a touchdown to draw the defense on the playaction.
- Rams 14, Saints 28
- And then a tough one. Goff tries to squeeze it into a tight window, but LB Alex Anzalone with some fantastic hands to hold onto an interception.
- And the Saints march right down to punch it in before the half.
- Rams 14, Saints 35
- Phew. Rams get a late field goal to make it an 18-point game, but the Rams were pushed to the limit that half. Time to see what they’re made of...
- Rams 17, Saints 35
Should be a fantastic game today as the Los Angeles Rams are taking on the New Orleans Saints in Week 9 in a battle of the NFC’s best to this point.
Eager to see how things develop early compared to last week’s first half performance against the Green Bay Packers.
- DL Sebastian Joseph-Day
- RB John Kelly
- TE Johnny Mundt
- DL Tanzel Smart
- CB Darious Williams
- WR Nick Williams
- LB Trevon Young
So WR Cooper Kupp is indeed able to go. With Williams inactive and RB Justin Davis on the 46-man today, waiving RG Jamon Brown seems an even more interesting decision now with just seven OL for gameday.
Here’s the Saints’:
- OL Will Clapp
- DE Marcus Davenport
- DB J.T. Gray
- OL Chaz Green
- DL Mitchell Loewen
- OL Michael Ola
- LB Manti Te’o
Date: Sunday, November 4, 2018
Time: 4:25pm ET/1:25pm PT
Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome | New Orleans, LA
Local TV (English): FOX 11/KTTV
Announcers: Joe Buck (play-by-play), Troy Aikman (color analyst), Erin Andrews (sideline reporter)
National Radio (English): ESPN Radio
Announcers: Bill Rosinski (play-by-play), Bill Polian (color analyst), Ian Fitzsimmons (sideline reporter)
Local Radio (English): ESPN 710 AM, JACK FM, 93.1 FM
Announcers: J.B. Long (play-by-play), Maurice Jones-Drew (color analyst), D’Marco Farr (sideline reporter)
Local Radio (Spanish): ESPN Deportes 1330
Announcers: Troy Santiago (play-by-play), Ricardo Lopez (color analyst)
DIRECTV Digital NFL Sunday Ticket (live)
NFL Game Pass (replay)