Here’s how things stand heading into Week 13 against the Detroit Lions.
The Rams will clinch the NFC West and thus a playoff spot with:
- A win over the Lions
- A Seattle Seahawks loss to the San Francisco 49ers
- A Rams tie AND a Seahawks tie
So we’ve just about got the division clinched up. Oh and BTW, those scenarios hold out every week from here on out. So should we lose and Seattle win this weekend, we’ll be back with the same scenario for the division next week.
But with the rest of the NFC playoff picture tightening, there are other ways that the Rams can clinch a playoff berth this week. If we tie and the Seahawks win, the Rams are in the playoffs with:
- A loss for the Washington Playoff Picture Changers to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football AND a loss or tie for the Minnesota Vikings to the New England Patriots OR
- A Washington loss AND a Carolina Panthers loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers OR
- A loss for the Dallas Cowboys to the New Orleans Saints AND a Vikings loss or tie OR
- A Cowboys loss AND a Panthers loss OR
- A Vikings loss or tie AND a Panthers loss
So let’s just get the W and wrap up the NFC West, yeah?