- Chiefs will start with the ball. Gonna be an incredible final 30 minutes one way or the other.
- AARON DONALD!!! STRIP SACK #2!!! John Franklin-Myers on the scoop!
- And the Rams capitalize with QB Jared Goff going GIRAFFE MODE!
- Rams 30, Chiefs 23
- Chiefs respond (easily), but the concern has to be injuries. Both RB Todd Gurley and K Greg Zuerlein appear to be playing hurt. WR Brandin Cooks and CB Marcus Peters cramping. CB Troy Hill doubtful to return. DE Ethan Westbrooks looked like maybe he got poked in the eye...
- Rams 30, Chiefs 30
- Rams get a drive, but Goff takes a sack on 2nd down and on 3rd and long...McVay calls an inside run. Unusually conservative from him. Perhaps trying to catch the Chiefs off guard, but that’s strange.
- GZ nails the field goal.
- Rams 33, Chiefs 30
- SAMSON EBUKAM PICK SIX! YES, THOSE WORDS! IN THAT ORDER!!!
- Rams 40, Chiefs 30
- And now the Rams force a three-and-out. Huge chance to put a big lead on this one.
- Aaaaaaaaaaaand no. Goff gets rocked. Hope he’s ok. Missed a wide open pass right after.
- Great punt from P Johnny Hekker. Chiefs gonna have to go the whole field.
- And they do. And it takes one play. Might want to talk about field conditions. CB Sam Shields just slipped, and the field looks worked over heavily. And with all the injuries...why’d we move this game from Mexico City?
- Rams 40, Chiefs 37
- WOW. Goff collapsed on on 3rd and 11 and the Chiefs rake him for a fumble recovery touchdown. Gotta give him more time in that situation.
- Rams 40, Chiefs 44
- AND THE RAMS RESPOND!!! March right down and finish the drive to TE Gerald Everett!
- Rams 47, Chiefs 44
- At this point, I gotta start writing the recap. Have two radio hits post-game, so can’t delay that. Enjoy the rest of this one, boys. Much like the Saints game, this is just great teams going up against one another. Fantastic action.
It’s exactly what we thought it would be.
Or at least what we should’ve.
This game is nuts. The Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs are locked in a battle of two of the NFL’s best. Not a lot that needs to be said.
Let’s buckle up for the last 30 minutes...