It’s a stark piece of evidence of how much Goff has grown just two and a quarter seasons into his young career.
This comes on the heels of Goff winning NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his amazing Week 4 performance on Thursday Night Football.
Goff is the first Rams QB to be named the NFC OPOTM since Hall of Fame QB Kurt Warner earned it in September 2000.
He’s obviously hit the highest peak of his career. Considering it’s still just early October in his third season, the question is both if he can sustain anything near this ridiculous level of performance and if he can replicate anything near it when it matters most as we head toward, hopefully, another postseason appearance.
The other award winners for September were:
- AFC Offensive Player of the Month: Kansas City Chiefs QB Pat Mahomes
- NFC Defensive Player of the Month: Chicago Bears EDGE Khalil Mack
- AFC Defensive Player of the Month: Houston Texans DL J.J. Watt
- NFC Special Teams Player of the Month: New Orleans Saints K Wil Lutz
- AFC Special Teams Player of the Month: Baltimore Ravens K Justin Tucker
- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month: Atlanta Falcons WR Calvin Ridley
- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month: Indianapolis Colts LB Darius Leonard