clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

NFL fans would rather have Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes or Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz than Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff

New, comments

Seems like not every fan wants a system QB for their system.

Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse — a survey of fans across the NFL, powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to plugged in fans from each team. Los Angeles Rams fans, sign up HERE to join FanPulse.


Welp. The fans have spoken.

The FanPulse votes are in for Week 7, and our national fan voting base has confirmed that they prefer Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes over Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz, Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff and Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson in that order.

What’s interesting is how each fan base voted.

Here at TST, our FanPulse respondents went 74% for Goff and just 21% for Mahomes. Compare that to Chiefs fans at Arrowhead Pride who went 99% for Mahomes and left their remaining 1% for the Rams’ system QB or Eagles fans from Bleeding Green Nation: 94% Wentz, 4% Mahomes.

Every fan base that didn’t have a QB in the poll went for Mahomes. So outside of TST, no fan base went for Goff with a majority of their votes.

Suffice to say, the larger NFL is down with Showtime.


The Rams are another consensus pick on the odds and from FanPulse respondents this week:

  • Odds: Rams 10/10.5 point favorites over Denver Broncos
  • Turf Show Times FanPulse: Rams by 13
  • Niners Nation FanPulse: Rams by 11

Not surprising at all given the fan confidence from our vantage points:

49ers fans are feeling somewhat better about their team after losing a close one to the Green Bay Packer by a field goal, but at 1-5 that confidence is hanging by a thread. And while an expected result on Sunday might not send confidence plummeting, the Niners head on the road to take on the Arizona Cardinals in Week 8. Losing that...whew.

Speaking of the Cards, here’s how fans are feeling across the rest of the NFC West:

As always, thanks as always to the TSTers who are voting to give us the data each week! And for those of you interested, you can sign up here to vote.