The Los Angeles Rams Aug. 3 training camp had a bit of a Hollywood feel. Compton’s own Hip Hop artist Kendrick Lamar was in attendance with his TDE confidant and fellow rapper ScHoolboy Q (the ‘h‘ is capitalized for stylistic reasons).
Today’s practice opened up with kick off drills, opposed to the usual stretches. The players lined up and ran down field as in a typical kick off. They ended their short run with a hit on the good ol’ tackling dummy.
Soon after the short special team drill the team gathered & stretched. After the light stretch practice resumed.
Still no Cooper.
Based on two days of attending practice, Jared is making strides. He definitely made a jump in today’s sessions. He and fellow rookie Mike Thomas connected early and often. Keep an eye on this duo. It can become effective. The two hooked up on multiple touchdowns and many other completions.
Goff did try to force some throws into tight windows and was lucky to not have a few picked off, but he had an overall solid day. What I really liked is he and Keenum stayed after practice to throw a few balls with Kenny Britt and Bradley Marquez.
- In the "battle" for starting quarterback, Case Keenum is leading the way. He looked sharp all day. He connected with multiple receivers with a few lasers to Kenny Britt & Tavon Austin. On the other end of the spectrum, second-year passer Sean Mannion threw multiple interceptions.
- The Rams receivers had themselves a day as well. Mike Thomas was Goff's favorite target of the day. Brian Quick came up big today, making multiple touchdown catches. Britt also made a few touch catches
- Gurley had a few nice long runs that went for touchdowns.
- On the offensive line? Guess Greg Robinson is not making any progress:
Well, I saw longacre look like Aaron Donald against him, so https://t.co/PlE9wRpim3— SeattleRams (@seattlerams_nfl) August 4, 2016
- Coty Sensabaugh took the majority of thee snaps opposite of Trumaine Johnson. E.J. Gaines also seemed to come up a little lame, according to head coach Jeff Fisher.
- The free safety spot seems to be Mo Alexander’s to loss. The third-year converted linebacker took the majority of the snaps with the first team defense.
- The linebacking corps had a few plays today. Undrafted rookie LB Brandon Chubb intercepted Mannion during third team snaps. Mark Barron has had a big stop – hit actually, even though it was an unpadded practice.