Dan Kadar, SB Nation’s NFL Draft expert, released his latest 2016 NFL mock draft this morning, and his pick for the Los Angeles Rams - who have the 15th overall pick - was an interesting one, to say the least.
Here’s how he kicks the draft off:
1. Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
2. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California
3. San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, Florida State
4. Dallas Cowboys: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
6. (Trade) Los Angeles Rams: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
The Rams currently hold the No. 15 pick, and if they want a quarterback a trade may need to happen. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome has never been averse to trading down. This trade could be somewhat similar to the deal the Rams made with the Bills in 2013. That Bills got pick Nos. 8 and 71. The Rams got Nos. 16, 46, 78 and 222. With two second-round picks, the Rams have the ammunition to move up and get a quarterback. If they want one, they may have to bite that bullet. The Rams could look to move in front of the 49ers, who could take a quarterback with the No. 7 pick.