It's that time again. Time for an update on my big board.
Last time, we looked at my top 75 players, but this time we'll have a gander at my top 100 with some players dropping and some jumping.
Initially I said there's probably about 20 guys I'd give first round grades and nearly 50 with second round grades. This time, after adding a few more hours of scouting time on a few players, both numbers have grown. So without further ado, let's get into it...
1. Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss
2. Jaylon Smith OLB Notre Dame
3. Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson
4. Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida
5. Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss
6. Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma St
7. Carson Wentz QB N. Dakota St.
8. Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan St
9. Ronnie Staley OT Notre Dame
10. Josh Doctson WR TCU
11. Jalen Ramsey DB Florida St
12. Taylor Decker OT Ohio St
13. Scooby Wright LB Arizona
14. Myles Jack LB UCLA
15. Jared Goff QB Cal
16. Corey Coleman WR Baylor
17. Joey Bosa DE Ohio St
18. Noah Spence DE Eastern Kentucky
19. Eziekiel Elliott RB Ohio St
20. A'Shawn Robinson DT Alabama
21. Andrew Billings DT Baylor
22. Nick Martin C Notre Dame
23. Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
24. Tyler Boyd WR Pitt
25. Kendall Fuller CB Virginia Tech
26. Spencer Drango OT Colorado St
27. Cody Whitehair OG K-State
28. Sheldon Rankings DT Louisville
29. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
30. Ryan Kelly C Alabama
31. Rashard Higgins WR Colorado S
32. Robert Nkemdeche DT Ole Miss
33. Reggie Ragland MLB Alabama
34. Kevin Dodd DE Clemson
35. Michael Thomas WR Ohio St
36. Jack Conklin OT Michigan St
37. Darian Thompson FS Boise St
38. Jason Spriggs OT Indiana
39. Shaq Lawson DE Clemson
40. Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia
41. Sheldon Day DT Notre Dame
42. Jayron Kearse SS Clemson
43. Darron Lee OLB Ohio St
44. Braxton Miller WR Ohio St
45. Kyle Marz OT Wisconsin
46. Vonn Bell SS Ohio St
47. Tyler Matakevich MLB Temple
48. DeForest Buckner DE Oregon
49. Kenny Clark DT UCLA
50. Kentrell Brothers MLB Mizzou
51. Adolphus Washington DT Ohio
52. Josh Perry OLB Ohio St
53. Tre'Davious White CB LSU
54. Kyle Murphy OT Stanford
55. Sua Craven OLB USC
56. Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech
57. Deiondre Hall CB Northern Iowa
58. Hunter Henry TE Arkansas
59. Eli Apple CB Ohio St.
60. Cody Kessler QB USC
61. Jordin Jenkins OLB Georgia
62. Aaron Green RB TCU
63. Austin Hooper TE Stanford
64. Kenneth Dixon RB Louisiana Tech
65. Austin Johnson DT Penn St.
66. Jonathan Bullard DT Florida
67. Josh Garnett OG Stanford
68. Le'Raven Clark OT Texas Tech
69. Derrick Henry RB Alabama
70. Cardale Jones QB Ohio St
71. Connor McGovern OG Mizzou
72. Jeremy Cash S Duke
73. John Theus OT Georgia
74. Deon Bush FS Miami
75. Evan Boehm OL Mizzou
76. Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M
77. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
78. Jack Allen C Michigan St.
79. Joe Haeg OT North Dakota St.
80. Vadal Alexander OG LSU
81. Alex Collins RB Arkansas
82. Paul McRoberts WR SEMO
83. Deandre Houston-Carson FS William & Mary
84. Kenyan Drake RB Alabama
85. Deion Jones OLB LSU
86. Xavien Howard CB Baylor
87. Kenny Lawler WR Cal
88. Miles Killebrew S
89. Victor Ochi DE Stony Brook
90. Harlan Miller CB Southeastern Louisiana
91. Dak Prescott QB Mississippi St.
92. Max Tuerk C USC
93. Dan Voltz C Wisconsin
94. Cyrus Jones CB Alabama
95. Michael Jordan CB Missouri Western
96. Jordan Payton WR UCLA
97. Dominique Alexander LB Oklahoma
98. Nick Vannett TE Ohio St.
99. Paul Perkins RB UCLA
100. Connor Cook QB Michigan St
A FEW NOTES
- Some of you may notice my two biggest drops from the previous big board are Connor Cook and Derrick Henry. Simply put, the more I watch the less impressed I am. Neither player strikes me as a long term answer at their respective positions. But both has tools to work with, and should carve out okay careers. I look at Henry and see Brandon Jacobs, and I look at Cook and see Ryan Mallet mixed with Matt Cassel, that should tell you all you need to know...
- I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, the interior defensive line is stacked. Whether you need depth or a starter you will find plenty in this draft.
- There's some really talented linemen in this draft, and the center and tackle positions are stout. It would be beyond wise for the Rams to invest in each position. As they say, get it while the gettings hot, or something like that.
- This draft is flooded with small school talent. The difference between this year and other years where there's plenty of small school guys is that there's a lot of polish that comes with this group. Don't be surprised if a run starts on them between rounds three and four.