The Week 8 fantasy football free agent pool is a mixed bag for this week and beyond.
The running back position is as volatile as it has ever been and honestly you have to almost be two weeks ahead of the game. And checking the waiver wire early in the week is a must. Need a little help?
Each week, I look at my three big money leagues of 10-12 teams and see who is available and guessing most leagues are similar. I do not list players just to list. I try to list guys who may help for one week or could help in the future if you have dead roster spots.
Here are some players that I mentioned last week that if still available should be picked up: Washington RB Rob Kelley, Green Bay Packers WR Davante Adams and Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief.
Here are few new options for Week 9:
- Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott: He is out there in a number of leagues and as consistent as they come week-to-week. Now, the Cleveland Browns come to town against whom almost every QB has had a season high of points.
- Cleveland Browns QB Josh McCown: If you are stuck on the bye, he’s not an awful option as he will throw it at least 50 times. You will have to live with the interceptions though.
- New Orleans Saints RB Tim Hightower: Saints HC Sean Peyton hates RB Mark Ingram. Hightower is the beneficiary who Payton said will get a ton of touches versus the worst fantasy run defense in the San Francisco 49ers.
- Kansas City Chiefs RB Charcandrick West: Chiefs RB Spencer Ware had a concussion and may not play so West has proven to put up points when given the touches.
- Philadelphia Eagles RB Darren Sproles: Last week, Eagles RB Ryan Mathews only featured in eight plays. This looks to be his job for now.
- Seattle Seahawks RB C.J. Prosise: He looks to be at least the passing situation back. With eight touches last week, he could suffice as a bye week fill in.
- Atlanta Falcons WR Mohamad Sanu: WR Julio Jones is banged up. In the second half last week, Matt Ryan forced the ball to him.
- Washington WR Jamison Crowder: He may have been dropped in your league. With Kirk Cousins loving this target, you may be able to sneak him through since they are off this week.
- Kansas City Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill: This is now the number one WR target on the Chiefs.
- New York Jets WR Quincy Enunwa: WR Brandon Marshall’s drops are piling up. The faith seems to be turning to Enunwa.
- Arizona Cardinals WR J.J. Nelson: He has been named the starter, but he’s still more of a weekly lottery ticket with the many mouths for QB Carson Palmer to feed.
- Houston Texans TE C.J. Fiedorowicz: The Texans are on a bye week, but he has been a top-five tight end the past four weeks.
Dallas Cowboys D/ST: The Cleveland Browns will put up yards against the Cowboys this week, but they’ll also give up some gift turnovers and sacks.