The Week 8 fantasy football free agent pool is chock full of potential for this week and beyond. And checking the waiver wire early in the week is a must. Need a little help?
Each week, I look at my three big money leagues of 10-12 teams and see who is available and guessing most leagues are similar. I do not list players just to list. I try to list guys who may help for one week or could help in the future if you have dead roster spots.
Here are some players that I mentioned last week that if still available should be picked up: Redskins QB Kirk Cousins, Bills QB Tyrod Taylor, Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi, Bills RB Mike Gillislee, Bears RB Kadeem Carey, Packers WR Ty Montgomery, and Colts TE Jack Doyle.
Here are few new options for Week 8:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston: Last week he threw for three touchdowns and the pathetic Raiders defense is next.
- Washington Redskins RB Chris Thompson: Due to the numerous fumbles by Matt Jones, he looks to be the safety net for Jay Gruden.
- Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue: Lamar Miller got banged up last week and is questionable right now, so this is just a speculative add in a tough position.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington: I do not see David Johnson holding up to 30 plus touches a week.
- Washington Redskins RB Rob Kelley: Last week he scored a touchdown and is another lottery ticket if you have an open spot.
- Chicago Bears RB Jeremy Langford: This may be the week he comes back and if dropped in your league, grab and stash.
- Green Bay Packers WR Davante Adams: With the demise of Jordy Nelson, he stepped up in a big way last week.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief: He looks to be back this week and in this offense should be, minimally, a WR3 every week.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate: He will not win you a week but always scores a few points and gets the Raiders this week.
- New York Jets D/ST: This is about playing the Kevin Hogan led Cleveland Browns.
As always, thank you for reading and hit me up on Twitter.