"His work with a variety of QBs was noted."
By whom? Who knows.
Here's his resume since jumping to the NFL:
- New York Giants, 2005-06: Offensive Quality Control Coach
- Oakland Raiders, 2007-08: Quarterbacks Coach
- New York Jets, 2009: Quarterbacks Coach
- San Jose State 2010-11: Quarterbacks Coach
- Oakland Raiders, 2012-14: Quarterbacks Coach
- Cleveland Browns, 2015-present: Offensive Coordinator
For reference, here's current Rams OC Rob Boras' resume since hitting the pro level:
- Chicago Bears, 2004-09: Tight Ends Coach
- Jacksonville Jaguars, 2010-11: Tight Ends Coach
- St. Louis Rams, 2012-present: Tight Ends Coach/Offensive Coordinator
So what would DeFilippo bring that the Rams don't already have on staff? And how much does it even matter with Fisherball? The Rams have now gone through three offensive coordinators in four years and made the offense decidedly worse.
Perhaps Fish needs another body to blame the players for when he fires him.