Welcome to the third week of NFL football and my start or sit column.
For normal leagues, I'll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I've got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 11-9 in underachievers and overachievers, and 12-7 in what was a successful week for me in FanDuel. Let's get to it.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: He is banged up, going on the road and looking older by the week, there are better options.
- Minnesota Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater: He looks to be a game manager. Until it changes, stay away.
- Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford: He continues to struggle against good teams.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB : He has a few things going against him, playing a tough eremy HillBaltimore Ravens run defense at their home. He was benched last week, but even before that he was underwhelming while his backup Gio Bernard has been great.
- Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson: I am on DEFCON 4 and need to see production before I start him again.
- Baltimore Ravens RB Justin Forsett: He seems to be in a job share. The lack of red zone carries is concerning.
- Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton: He still looked injured against the Jets. Even though it's a nice matchup against the Titans on Sunday, I see a more ball control kind of game this week.
- New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks He is putting up WR3 stats at best. Now, the Saints are on the road against a tough pass defense in Carolina. Stay away.
- Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffrey: He has been in and out of practice and has to play in Seattle. There are better options.
- Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten: He's struggling with numerous injuries, and I can see the defense focusing on him this week.
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton: He gets an awful defense against New Orleans at home. Throw in the rushing yards, and he is easily a top six QB.
- QB iami DolphinsRyan Tannehill: He had a big fantasy week, and the Buffalo Bills have had some issues defending the pass.
- QB an Francisco 49ersColin Kaepernick: I expect them to be trailing and him having to throw late. He's completing 69% of his passes, so he could see numbers here.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J Yeldon: The Patriots are weak against the run. With his pass catching and the Denard Robinson injury, Yeldon should get 20 touches.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Devonta Freeman: He hasn't played well, but there's no one behind him, He too should get at least 20 touches.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead: He is getting 15-18 touches a game, and the Vikings have not been good against running backs.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson: With TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins out, that opens up more targets in a pretty good matchup for VJax.
- Dallas Cowboys WR Terrance Williams: I expect at least 10 targets again with the Witten injury.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones: All he does is score touchdowns.
- New York Giants TE Larry Donnell: Washington have been strong, but they're giving up yards to the tight end.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the worse defenses:
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, $7,900: The rushing yards plus playing the New Orleans Saints.
- QB uffalo BillsTyrod Taylor, $7,000: He has been a top 10 QB this year.
- St. Louis Rams QB Nick Foles, $6,500: The Rams are back at home, and the Steelers are a bottom five pass defense.
- Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell, $8,800: The Rams have been a bottom five rush defense.
- Buffalo Bills RB , $7,800: He looks healthy and gets an overrated Miami Dolphins. eSean McCoy
- Oakland Raiders RB Latavius Murray, $7,00: The Browns have not been stout against the run.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Devonta Freeman, $6,500: He will get all the touches.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead, $6,400: Just a great price for the touches he will get.
- Houston Texans RB Chris Polk, $5,300: The best cheap option of the week at RB for a starter.
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown, $9,200: I see double digit targets and a touchdown as always.
- Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones, $9,000: Not sure why you shouldn't pick him.
- New York Jets WR , $7,400: Playing his best ball in the last few years. Should soak up all the targets. andon Marshall
- Dallas Cowboys WR Terrance Williams, $6,500: Great price for a WR1.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief, $6,000: QB Andrew Luck continues to pepper him with tons of targets.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones, $5,700: Touchdowns all day, every game.
- Cincinnati Bengals WR Marvin Jones, $5,000: My favorite cheap play at receiver.
- Baltimore Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore, $5,400: He should be the top target of QB Joe Flacco.
Thank you for reading and have a great week, feel free to ask any questions here or on Twitter.