Editor's Note: FanDuel is running a $1,000,000 fantasy football league in week 2. The Top 46,000 teams win cash with $100,000 paid to first place. Join now!
We are now done with Week 1 and the overreaction craziness. Most players are not as bad or as good as they looked in their first outing. Don't shed your studs quite just yet; let things play out a bit for making major changes. You drafted your team because you liked these guys. Remember that.
Here are my free agent picks for the week at each position:
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer: He has played at a QB1 level for his Cardinals career and is my top QB pickup of the week.
- Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota: He looked as good as you can but will not play the Bucs every week. I would consider him for your roster if you have a Peyton Manning type as insurance.
- Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor: He looks like the perfect fit for what Rex wants to do. A solid guy for two-QB leagues.
- New England Patriots RB Dion Lewis: At worst, he picks up the Shane Vereen role and is a PPR every week start. At worst he is great running back insurance.
- Tennessee Titans RB Bishop Sankey: He is off a career high in yards. He may not have a game like this again but is worth a bottom roster spot.
- Dallas Cowboys RB Lance Dunbar: He is a PPR monster with WR Dez Bryant out a long time.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Chris Johnson: He is the starter for now. If you need a guy for next week or Week 3, you can do worse.
- Denver Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman, : This is a lottery ticket who had the same amount of carries as their starter last week.
- Buffalo Bills RB Karlos Williams: He looked better than LeSean McCoy. I'm not saying he can win the job, but if you have a spot open...you never know
- San Diego Chargers WR Stevie Johnson: He looks to have a huge role with a great schedule and is my #1 pickup overall this week.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones: All he does is score touchdowns, and he got the same amounts of snaps as the starters last week.
- Dallas Cowboys WR Terrance Williams: He is now their WR1, but I'm not sure he will handle the extra attention well. Still, in that offense, he should be an every week fantasy starter
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief: Fellow WR T.Y Hilton's status is not clear, but with 11 targets last week, Moncrief is a must grab this week.
- Dallas Cowboys WR Cole Beasley: With his expanded role, I am expecting six to eight targets a game
- Cinncinati Bengals TE Tyler Eifert, : He broke out big time last week. If you don't have Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski or Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham, he is a must add to at least play defense against your league opponents.
- Washington Redskins TE Jordan Reed: He and QB Kirk Cousins had a nice connection. As long as he is healthy, he is an every week starter.
- St. Louis Rams TE Jared Cook: He has flashed like this before, but with the quick throws needed with the Rams OL, he could have a very big season.
- Miami Dolphins: The Jacksonville Jaguars are a go against team every week.
- Minnesota Vikings: They are back home, and the Detroit Lions usually play very poorly on the road.
Thank you for reading and have a great week. Feel free to ask any questions here or on Twitter.