Matt Miller, Bleacher Report’s draft expert, released his updated 2015 NFL mock draft on Tuesday morning, fresh off the completion of the Combine. And with a little over two months remaining before the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock with the first overall pick, here’s how Miller sees it all panning out [two rounds]...
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2. Tennessee Titans: Leonard Williams, DT, USC
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska
4. Oakland Raiders: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
5. Washington Redskins: Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida
6. New York Jets: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
7. Chicago Bears: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
8. Atlanta Falcons: Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri
9. New York Giants: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
And with the St. Louis Rams on the clock with the 10th overall pick, they select...
10. Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
The St. Louis Rams are facing another offseason of uncertainty along the offensive line, but this time they have an anchor in No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson from the 2014 class and left guard Rodger Saffold. Now they just have to fill out the rest of the starting gigs.
Jake Long may be back in 2015, but he also may not be due to injuries and salary-cap room. Whether he is or isn't a Ram next year, Brandon Scherff is an ideal fit for this team. The Iowa left tackle projects best to guard, but could have a long, fruitful career at right tackle given his strength in the run game. He's technically savvy in tight windows and can be a dominant run-blocker on the strong side.
Fast forward to the 2nd round, where the Rams pick 9th...