I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year while thanking you for reading this year. If you are reading this and in the finals, I wish you the best of luck especially at the RB position which is almost a complete dart throw this week.
If you were wondering how I did this year in my four leagues...
In my two lowest money leagues, I finished just out of the playoffs by one spot. In my two biggest ones, I am in the finals with basically a 50/50 shot to win. I will at least triple total buy ins, so it was definitely a successful year on the bottom line. As for FanDuel, I bought in for $50 and now have a tad over $250 in my account. It was my first year playing every week, so it's a rookie success. I am going to only cover guys who are on the start/sit line this week.
Let's get to it.
Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: The offense looks broken and plodding, I have him outside my top 10 this week.
New York Giants QB Eli Manning: He has had 21 TD's in last 10 weeks but with Odell Beckham and on the road, I do not like his chances.
New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: The owner of a very good fantasy season but the Patriots defense is getting better and better, I would pass this week.
Miami Dolphins RB Lamar MIller: He is the RB5 on the season but the unknown is very scary, I would rather stay with a guy I know is getting 15-17 touches.
Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore: He is Antonio Andrews but with a better history.
Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy: He looks slower than OL, and I could not guess how many touches he will get against the tough Cardinals defense.
- Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson: The last 2 weeks have been bad and I think he is banged up right now, I'm benching him for DeSean Jackson in 1 league finals.
- Cincinatti Bengals WR A.J Green: It's a combination of playing Denver, having a rookie QB on the road plus a possible injury.
- Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb: He has the name but not the production the last 8 weeks.
Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witter: His last touchdown was week 1.
- Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford: Very quietly he has been a top 7 QB the past 6 weeks.
Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins: The Eagles pass defense is awful and "I like that"
Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor: I think he has a big game with his legs.
Jacksonville Jaguars RB Denard Robinson: I do not love the talent but 15 plus touches and the Saints make him a top 10 play.
Carolina Panthers RB Cameron Artis Payne: The Falcons are dreadful against the run and he is clearly the lead back.
- New England Patriots RB James White: I see this as one of the games that Brady throws the ball 50 plus times.
- Washington Redskins WR DeSean Jackson: A revenge game against a bottom 3 pass defense and a guy who has scored 4/5 games, yes please.
Baltimore Ravens WR Kamar Aiken: A top 15 WR the past 6 weeks and getting the Steelers in a game they will throw to try and stay in it.
- New York Giants WR Rueben Randle: Someone has to catch the passes this week.
- Philadelphia Eagles TE Zach Ertz: Bradford and him have a nice connection.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week. I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford $7,600
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles $8,200
- Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger $8,900