Editor's Note: SB Nation's partner FanDuel is running a $1.25M fantasy football league on Sunday. First place wins $100,000. Join now!
For standard leagues, I'll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using this week's ESPN rankings. I've got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I was lucky enough to finish second in a FanDuel 300-team tourney, so I hope these picks are just as good.
- Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: He is already struggling with a reported injury. This week, he goes on the road against a team he has struggled against in the Minnesota Vikings. I do not feel good about Rodgers this week.
- Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton: Lats week against the Houston Texans was bad, and going to Arizona to face the Cardinals could be worse.
Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco: Solid week in and week out, but the St. Louis Rams are in a must win.
St. Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley: The Ravens stop the run well and should be doing everything to make newly-appointed starting QB Case Keenum beat them.
- New York Jets RB Chris Ivory: Bilal Powell is back which should take away some of Ivory's receptions, and the Houston Texans have given up zero touchdowns in the last 10 quarters,
- Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas: Not having a great year and lots of uncertainty with new starting QB Brock Osweiler.
Cincinnati Bengals WR A.J. Green: In the best kept secret, he has had only two big games. Expect the Arizona Cardinals' secondary to continue this trend.
- Washington TE Jordan Reed: He has the talent, but QB Kirk Cousins will struggle versus the Carolina Panthers.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: This should finally be the week he puts up more than one passing touchdown, something he hasn't done since Week 2.
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Mark Sanchez: This is more about his opponent, the Miami Dolphins.
- Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota: I love the matchup versus the Jacksonville Jaguars who are awful against the pass.
- Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore: With the injury to Andrew Luck, he should get as many carries as he can handle.
- Chicago Bears RB Jeremy Langford: He looks to be matchup-proof.
Denver Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman: He is the RB1, and the Broncos will run to keep the QB safe.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- St. Louis Rams QB Case Keenum $4,800
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Mark Sanchez $6,400
- Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford $7,000
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson $7,700