Editor's Note: A new $2,000,000 one-week fantasy football league has opened on FanDuel for Week 5. First place wins $150,000 on Sunday. Join now!
We are now at the quarter pole. I would recommend trying to trade some of your overperformers with tougher schedules ahead for some underperformers like San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde, Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews, Pittsburgh Steelers TE Heath Miller, Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton, New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks and possibly San Diego Chargers RB Melvin Gordon.
Here are some guys I listed last week that I still like going forward: Oakland Raiders QB David Carr, Tennessee Titans RB Antonio Andrews, Houston Texas WR Cecil Shorts, Oakland Raiders WR Michael Crabtree, New Orleans Saints WR Willie Snead and San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates.
Here are my free agent picks for the week at each position, though there aren't a ton of them as they have been covered in the previous weeks:
- San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers: There are some leagues where teams carry one QB and he is out there. You shouldn't doubt Rivers to perform as a top 10-12 QB the rest of the way.
- Buffalo Bills RB Boobie Dixon: He looks to be the starter this week. Not a bad bye week fill in.
- Cleveland Browns RB Duke Johnson: This is more of a PPR play, but I would have him on the end of my bench in case he gets the job full time.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Charles Sims: He looks to be the full time 3rd down back.
- Washington RB Chris Thompson: He's also the 3rd down back and in a job share. Great for PPR.
- Dallas Cowboys RB Christine Michael: A pure grab and pray pick.
- St. Louis Rams WR Tavon Austin: Last week was a huge breakout as a focal point of the offense...but I would need a few more weeks to have him as a WR3 starter.
- Atlanta Falcons WR Leonard Hankerson: The clear WR2 in a high-flying offense with a very easy schedule.
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Hurns: Another solid PPR option, but expect major fluctuations week-to-week.
- Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs: A nice college talent who broke out a bit last week. Right now, I'd only advise him for deep leagues.
- Indianapolis Colts TE Coby Fleener: If fellow Colts TE Dwayne Allen is out, he is an every week start.
- Atlanta Falcons: They are creating turnovers and should play better in a home game against Washington.
- New York Giants: They are at home and playing the worst fantasy offense in the 49ers.
Thank you for reading and and hit me up with any questions.