Editor's Note: FanDuel is hosting a FREE Week 8 fantasy football league where half the teams win cash on Sunday. New users only. Join now!
Welcome to Week 8!
For standard leagues, I'll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I've got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 15-5 in underachievers and overachievers, and went 14-3 and my best week of the year in FanDuel. Let's get to it.
- Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: I would not play any skill players against Denver at home.
- Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck: Facing Carolina at home with the way Luck is turning the ball over? Doubtful this will end well.
New York Jets RB Chris Ivory: I am worried more about the hamstring than the talent.
- Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy: His ankle is supposedly healed, but I have to see it to believe it against Denver.
- Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas: He only has one TD, and I see another grind it out, low scoring game in Denver.
- Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald: He is slowing down while fellow WRs Michael Floyd and John Brown are getting more targets.
- Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton: Welcome to Josh Norman island. The Carolina cornerback is just too good right now.
- Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten: He looks slow and beat up, there are better TE options.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: He has been getting the yards but not the TDs. That changes this weekend against the Giants.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: This is more of a gut call that he is due for a fantasy breakout week.
- New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: The Jets' opponents this week, the Raiders, may just have the worst secondary in the league.
- Kansas City Chiefs RB Charcandrick West: He looks like the work horse, and he gets to face the shaky Lions defense.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Gio Bernard: The Steelers are tough to run against, but I can see 8-10 targets in the receiving game.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead: He is a top 10 PPR RB with fellow RB Melvin Gordon on the outs. Ride the Woodhead wave.
Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs: He is now a WR1 and should get 10 targets a game.
- San Diego Chargers TE Ladarious Green: I do not see Antonio Gates playing, and this is a great match up.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Jameis Winston QB Tampa Buccaneers, $6,600
- Drew Brees QB New Orleans Saints, $7,900
- Cam Newton QB Carolina Panthers, $8,000
- Philip Rivers QB San Diego Chargers, $8,500