First off, we appreciate our Turf Show Times community taking the time to answer our extensive survey. We had 400+ responses, and many of you took the time to add your comments at the end. So, give yourselves a cookie (but not a Jared Cookie; this was a sensitive subject).
We'll get right to the point: obviously, y'all aren't real thrilled with how the Rams' passing game is going right now, and I think that goes without saying. Yesterday, Kevin Patra of Around the NFL had a scathing comparison:
However, that does not mean that y'all are ready to throw in the towel on Foles or Cignetti's scheme. When we looked over the results, we saw quite a few things that reached near consensus, but also some things that caused a divide on opinions. This is very healthy, and means that y'all are seeing some things from a different perspective.
Survey Results and Notables
Here's a summary of the results:
- You guys seem to prefer Tre Mason over Benny Cunningham.
- Todd Gurley should not come off the field unless he's had a 40+ yard run.
- You guys aren't interested in overworking Todd Gurley.
- Todd Gurley should have every opportunity to hit 1000 yards.
- More running back screens, please.
- Mixed feelings about the new zone blocking scheme, but not too upset about it.
- Tim Barnes still has a lot of work to do in the run game.
- Keep Todd Gurley as fresh as possible, as he destroys the 4th quarter (9+ YPC).
- You guys like Nick Foles over any 2014 Rams QB.
- Foles can make all the throws needed to run the offense.
- With the exception of the Green Bay game, Foles' decision making has been acceptable.
- The Rams are in some trouble if Foles misses time.
- Foles needs to protect the ball and get the ball out faster.
- Foles is not going to hit 4000 yards or 25 TD's.
- Please give Stedman Bailey and Brian Quick more targets.
- Please give Jared Cook fewer targets. Like, give everyone else his targets.
- Don't run 10 personnel (One RB, Zero TE, 4 WR). No spread offenses.
- The pass blocking... needs work.
- Greg Robinson... please keep improving.
- Mix it up in the pass game and spread the ball out.
- Y'all don't miss Schotty.
- Y'all generally like Cignetti's playcalling.
- Keep things balanced on offense. Defenses will key in on Gurley, make them guess from same formations.