St. Louis Rams rookie RB Just Todd Gurley runs for 146 yards on 19 carries in the Rams' 24-22 road win over the Arizona Cardinals. For his performance, he's nominated for the Week 4 FedEx Ground Player of the Week Award and the Week 4 Pepsi Rookie of the Week Award.
He wouldn't pick up the RB award, but would win his first rookie of the week silverware.
JTG racks up 159 yards on 30 rushes in a 10-24 losing effort in Green Bay. He doesn't make the cut for the RB award, but is yet again nominated for the Week 5 Pepsi Rookie of the Week Award.
He misses out on back-to-back awards to Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston.
Another headline dominating performance sees JTG put up 128 yards through 19 rushes with two touchdowns to cap the Rams' home field 24-6 stonewalling of the Cleveland Browns.
Yup. He's up for the double again.
Gurley's in the mix for the Week 7 FedEx Ground Player of the Week Award yet again and has a solid shot. The other two entrants?
- Miami Dolphins RB Lamar Miller: Went for 175 yards on 14 carries including an 85-yard touchdown in the Fins' 44-26 manhandling of the Texans.
- New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram: 14 rushes, 143 yards, 1 TD in the Saints' 27-21 win over the Colts.
I like his chances.
Meanwhile in the weekly rookie race:
- Oakland Raiders WR Amari Cooper: Yup, Coop again. Five receptions for 133 yards and a TD in Oakland's 37-29 win over the Chargers? He's balling.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J. Yeldon: 20 carries, 115 yards and a TD in the Jaguars' 34-31 win over the Bills on European soil.
- Minnesota Vikings LB Eric Kendricks: Six tackles with a pair of sacks to help the Vikings hold off the Lions 28-19.
- New Orleans Saints LB Stephone Anthony: Seven tackles with a pick to boost the Saints in the 27-21 victory over the Colts.
The tide is high for JTG. He's posted three plus games in a row helping the Rams to a 2-1 record as they prepare for the Niners on Sunday.
Go hook him up with a vote from the Rams faithful:
- Vote for the Week 7 Pepsi Rookie of the Week Award