Editor's Note: FanDuel is hosting a FREE Week 7 fantasy football league where half the teams win cash on Sunday. New users only. Join now!
Welcome to Week 7!
For standard leagues, I'll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I've got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 13-7 in underachievers and overachievers, and went 15-5 and my best week of the year in FanDuel. Let's get to it.
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton: He played great last week against an overrated Seahawks defense, though the Philadelphia Eagles' defense will give him issues on Sunday.
- Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan: He is the QB of an undefeated team, but fantasy-wise has been average at best. There are better options.
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles: He is a better fantasy QB than real life, but this is a huge game for the Bills and Head Coach Rex Ryan. I think Bortles' good run comes to an end this week.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch: The 49ers have been solid on defense at home, and the Seahawks' OL is still not opening holes. This play is way too TD dependent.
- Baltimore Ravens RB Justin Forsett: He's going on the road against a defense in Arizona that plays so much better at home in what looks to be a blowout.
- New England Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount: This is just not his week, playing the best run defense in the NFL in the Jets.
- New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman: He has been so consistent, but he has to visit Darrelle Revis Island this week. I see more of a Gronk high workload.
- Kansas City Chiefs WR Jeremy Maclin: He's coming off of a concussion. I expect defenses to continue to take the Chiefs' #1 offensive weapon away.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews: He continues to drop every other pass, and his QB, Sam Bradford, is killing him as well. Stay away unless Mark Sanchez gets the job.
- Cleveland Browns TE Gary Barnidge: He has been a great story, but I think the Rams slow down his touchdown run.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning: He usually rips up the Cowboys, and plays much better at home.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: The Texans' defense is not good. and Miami has some hop in their step with the new coach.
- Detroit Lions QB Mathew Stafford: I think he might have finally found his nirvana in throwing deep to Calvin Johnson and should continue his run this week.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin: Washington's defense has holes. The third-best fantasy offense should expose them for the third week in a row.
- Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart: Last week was a mirage in his best game of the year. The Eagles give up nothing on the ground.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J. Yeldon: He is close to healthy, and I am expecting a huge effort in England from the Bills.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief: He is a must start every week and looks to be Andrew Luck's favorite target.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans: This is a pure hunch. If he does not go big this week, it may not happen.
- Washington WR Pierre Garcon: He is their only real weapon in the passing game and should pile up the targets.
- Buffalo Bills TE Charles Clay: He has a great match up and should dominate the targets with WRs Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin both out.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer, $8,400: The best match up of the week facing a struggling Baltimore defense.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning, $7,800: He plays so well against the Cowboys as well as at home.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston, $6,500: The best cheap option of the week.