Editor's Note: A new $2,000,000 one-week fantasy football league has opened on FanDuel for Week 6. First place wins $150,000 on Sunday. Join now!
Welcome to Week 6!
For standard leagues, I'll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I've got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 13-7 in underachievers and overachievers, and went 10-7 in FanDuel. Let's get to it.
- Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan: He has a great match, but with WR Julio Jones banged up and Ryan being barely top 15 for season, I would stay away.
- San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers: The Packers are giving up less than 200 passing yards per game.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: The Carolina Panthers' defense is tough, and the Seahawks' offense is struggling.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch: He has been banged up and faces a tough Panthers defense.
- Buffalo Bills RB Karlos Williams: He still has concussion symptoms. I would not take the chance.
- San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde: He bounced back nicely last week, but the Ravens are still tough against the run.
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown: I never thought he would make this list, but Michael Vick has been the only player able to slow him down. Temper the expectations.
- Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry: The Titans are a top 5 pass defense, and until I see the Dolphins play at a high level, all of them are on my bench.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews: People are living in the past as this is a complete target share in Philly.
- Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce: He has not done anything since game 1. I could not start him anywhere.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning: The Eagles have a tough defense, but with the anemic Giants running game they have to throw a ton.
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles: He is banged up, but if playing I would ride one of the top 8 fantasy QB's so far this season.
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford: The Giants have a tough running defense but give up a ton of plays through the air.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Giovanni Bernard: He is clearly the RB1, and though it's tough to run against the Bills, his pass receiving makes him a top choice this week.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J Yeldon: He continues to hog all the RB touches.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead: I see a ton of short passes against the tough Packers' defense, and he continues to put up quality numbers every week.
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson: The Texans are a grossly overrated defense. Start everyone against them.
- New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks: In what should be a high scoring game, I expect to see 10 targets go his way.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown: He seemed to break out a bit and gets a bottom 5 secondary in the Steelers.
- Cleveland Browns TE Gary Barnidge: He who can catch with his crotch should have no issues with tough Broncos defense.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on: