Editor's Note: FanDuel is running a $2,000,000 fantasy football league in week 4. The top 90,800 teams win cash with $150,000 paid to first place on Sunday. Join now!
Welcome to the Week 4.
For standard leagues, I'll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I've got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 14-6 in underachievers and overachievers, and 12-5 in what was a successful week for me in FanDuel. Let's get to it.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: Even if he plays, there is just no way to trust him right now.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: The Jets are the best at defending the QB in fantasy. Look elsewhere.
- Pittsburgh Steelers QB Michael Vick: He has to prove it to me. There's a reason he was out there for so long in the offseason.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch: He is 50/50 to play. I would not take the chance waiting for Monday unless you have Thomas Rawls.
- San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde: I see a high scoring blowout without the opportunities going to Hyde. It's not about the talent; its the situation.
- Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart: He has been mediocre at best, and he's just not getting goalline chances.
- Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald: The Rams' bend-but-don't-break defense has made them a tough play for WRs.
- Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffrey: I just can't start a WR with Jimmy Clausen as the QB.
- Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry: I see the Dolphins struggling big time in London.
- Pittsburgh Steelers TE Heath Miller: You can't start him until Big Ben Roethlisberger comes back.
- Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor: He has been a top-five fantasy QB, and the Giants are last in the league in giving up passing yards.
- Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco: He has had a sneaky good fantasy year, and the Steelers' secondary is awful.
- Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr: He has the OL and weapons in a great matchup against the Bears.
- Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore: He is averaging 4.7 YPA. With a possible blowout coming, he should have a great day.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Jeremy Hill: If he is going to break out, this has to be the week. If not, it's time to shut him down.
- Cleveland Browns RB Isaiah Crowell: This is my long shot play and more of a play against the Chargers.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones: There is no way he can be on any bench.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief: He looks to be the 1b to T.Y. Hilton's 1a.
- Buffalo Bills WR Percy Harvin: Here is my long shot play of the week with Sammy Watkins out.
- Buffalo Bills TE Charles Clay: As you can see, I like all the Bills this week with Eli Manning and the Giants coming to town.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, $8,300: If you are going to pay big, this is the matchup you want.
- Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor, $7,600: A nice price for a top-five QB.
- Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr, $7,000: The best cheap option of the week.
- Oakland Raiders RB Latavius Murray, $7,500: The anti-Bears pick.
- Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore, $7,300: A big lead should give him a ton of work.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J. Yeldon, $6,400: A cheap option who is in the top 5 in carries.
- Buffalo Bills RB Karlos Williams, $6,300: A no-brainer with LeSean McCoy out.
- Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb, $8,200: A top-three WR with a bargain price.
- Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins, $7,900: 12 or more targets every week.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans, $7,500: This is the cheapest he will be the rest of the year.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Mathews, $7,000: Chip Kelly's passing game looks shaky, but Mathews continues to get the targets.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief, $6,300: QB Andrew Luck continues to pepper him with tons of targets.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones, $6,000: Touchdowns all day, every game.
- Buffalo Bills WR Percy Harvin, $5,700: The best cheap option of the week, boom or bust.
- Indianapolis Colts TE Coby Fleener, $4,900: He seems to shine against bad pass defenses, and his fantasy stock is only helped with Dwayne Allen out.
- Denver Broncos TE Owen Daniels, $4,600: If you have to go cheap somewhere, this is the place.
Thank you for reading and have a great week, feel free to ask any questions here or on Twitter.