Welcome to our 1st installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make. We have done with for a few years with good results and great feedback. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list;
· Jay Cutler – The Bills have a pretty solid defense but when Cutler was healthyn last year he was a top 6 QB, use him while you can.
· Matt Ryan- He is another one with great weapons and offense has great health in what should be a wide open game versus the Saints.
· Fred Jackson - The Bears were awful versus the run last year and I do not think that changes in week 1. He will get at least 18-20 touches.
· Rashad Jennings - I love this matchup against an shaky Lions run defense.
· DeAndre Hopkins - Washington is still an awful pass defense and with game 1 at home, I can see the Texans throwing the ball around very successfully.
· Jeremy Maclin - He is healthy and in maybe the best offense in the NFL, start him while he is healthy and at home.
· Marques Colston - The Falcons have not improved their defense and Colston was a top 15 WR in the last 6 weeks of last season.
· Michael Floyd - This is his year to break out as he showed toward the end of last year, it starts this week.
· Delanie Walker - The Chiefs were one of the worst teams versus tight ends this week, this is a great spot start if you are streaming te’s this year
· Andrew Luck – On the road against an improved Broncos defense and with a shaky OL, I would stay away/
· Cam Newton – Off the ankle surgery and now with a broken rib, I would want to see him healthy before starting him this year.
· Arian Foster- He had zero carries, practiced little ion the last few months and off back surgery, I would want to see some results before gambling with him.
· Alfred Morris - You may have to start him but in the new pass heavy Gruden offense plus on the road I can see Washington struggling.
· Reggie Bush - He is in a total job share and unless you are in a PPR, he would stay on my bench this week.
· Ryan Mathews – He is now in a job share and on the road versus a tough Cardinals defense, there are better options in week 1.
· Randall Cobb – I think the Seahawks take him out of the game at their place, tough matchup for the small receiver.
· Victor Cruz - I need to see some semblance of a passing game before starting any Giants in the passing game. They just looked awful this preseason.
· Percy Harvin - I do not think he gets enough touches to make him a WR2 that he is rated to be this week.
· Zach Ertz - He may falsh but I do not think he gets enough snaps or touches to make him a TE1
I wish everyone luck this year and let’s all have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.