Welcome to the playoffs where we review on who to start or sit based on ESPN rankings. I try and not call out obvious decisions or top 6 players at QB, top 15 at RB or WR and make this productive for possible decisions that each fantasy owner has to make each week.
If you are reading this that means congrats are in order and you are in the playoffs. We had a nice week in the Start ‘Em going 8-2 and pretty good in Sit ‘Em going 7-3. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter.
· Ryan Tannehill - Playing against the Ravens' banged up secondary at home.
· Philip Rivers - He is at home and should have the throw to stay in the game.
· Isaiah Crowell - He is questionable, but I think he plays. To stay in the game, the Browns will run a ton against a bad Colts run defense.
· Frank Gore - Usually off a loss, the 49ers get back to basics, and I can see a nice game for him in Oakland.
· Jonathan Stewart - He looked great last week, has a great match up and should have the majority of carries to himself.
· Mike Wallace - I am all in against the Ravens' pass defense.
· Kelvin Benjamin - The Saints' defense should be a cure for his recent struggles.
· Kenny Stills - He has had 19 targets the past two weeks, and Carolina is a perfect matchup.
· Delanie Walker - He struggled last week, but with Zach Mettenberger back and the Giants defense, he should come up big.
· Jordan Reed - He seems to be a favorite of McCoy's, and the Rams are a tad leaky versus the pass.
· Tony Romo- He has a tasty matchup, but Thursdays do not seem to agree with him. I would look in another direction.
· Matthew Stafford- Tampa Bay has held their last four opposing QBs way under their average. Other than last week, he has been very average all year.
· Ryan Mathews- He got lucky with the touchdown last week, and as said above I think they have to throw to win this week.
· Lamar Miller- The Ravens are stout versus the run, and Miller is very TD-dependent.
· Dan Herron- Sure, he looked great last week but on only eight carries plus the corpse of Richardson who seems to have naked pictures of everyone in the Colts organization.
· Jeremy Maclin- Its tough to bench him, but the Seahawks have shut down all WR1’s the past few weeks.
· DeSean Jackson- He is banged up, and if healthy, would have success. Even if he plays, he will be restricted.
· Torrey Smith- He is on a nice run, but has a bum knee. Plus, Brent Grimes is coming his way.
· Antonio Gates- He is the 3rd highest-scoring tight end this year, but I think New England takes him out of the game.
· Larry Donnell- He makes way too many mistakes, and the fumbles will kill you.
Here are a few fantasy streaming defenses that may be available- Vikings, Rams, and Chiefs.
I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.