Welcome to the second round of the playoffs! We're reviewing who to start or sit based on ESPN rankings. I try and not call out obvious decisions or top six players at QB or the top 15 at RB and WR to make this productive for possible decisions that each fantasy owner has to make each week. I am expanding this week's options with the importance of it being a playoff week.
We had a bad week in the Start ‘Em going 4-6 and pretty good in Sit ‘Em going 8-2. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list:
· Ben Roethlisberger - There is no way he can be on any bench the way he is playing especially with the Falcons coming up.
· Jay Cutler - It’s tough to trust him, but the Saints are just so awful.
· Tony Romo - He has been nothing but solid, plus the Eagles are shaky against the pass.
· Eli Manning - Start everyone against the Washington pass defense.
· Joique Bell - He has become a top 5 RB the past two weeks. Start him in all formats.
· Isaiah Crowell - He is in a job share, but with Johnny Football coming in, I can see it opening up the run game.
· Latavius Murray - He got 23 carries last week, and the Chiefs have given up at least 100 yards to a RB the past six weeks.
· Fred Jackson - The Packers made Steven Jackson look good last week. I can see 20 touches while trying to use the clock.
· Mike Evans - He is as hot as any WR and has a nice connection with McCown.
· DeAndre Hopkins - With Johnson out, he is the clear WR1. Should easily get double digit targets.
· Keenan Allen - He has been solid in PPR, and the Broncos are shaky against the pass.
· Marques Colston - This is a longshot, but is more of a matchup play along with expecting some sort of bounce back from Drew Brees.
· Pierre Garcon - With DeSean Jackson probably sitting out again, he should get at least 10 targets.
· Delanie Walker - The Jets are among the worst versus the tight end. Plus, he has a good connection with his QB, Jake Locker.
· Jared Cook - He bounced back last week, and the Rams will have to pass to stay ahead this week.
· Russell Wilson - He has been a top six QB this year, but I have a feeling this is low scoring and the 49ers make one last stand.
· Mark Sanchez - I do not love the Cowboys defense, but he has been way below average. Foles could be an option if Sanchize struggles.
· Joe Flacco - The Jaguars have an improving defense, and I see the Ravens grinding one out.
· Ryan Tannehill - He has had two bad weeks and now goes to New England. No thanks.
· Eddie Lacy - He has two things going against him this week. One is the Bills defense at home, the other is he is in a pure job share. Throw in that he was banged up at the end of last game...
· Mark Ingram - The Bears defense is awful, but I do not trust his usage numbers.
· Dan Herron - He has a tough matchup, and the Texans are awful versus the pass. I can see him getting 10 or less touches.
· Jonathan Stewart - He was awesome last week, but with Newton out I can see them struggling.
· Tre Mason - He only averaged 3 YPC and gets a top run defense in the Cardinals. I would not expect much this week except more Benny Cunningham.
· Andre Williams - It looks like Rashad Jennings will be back to a full load this week.
· Denard Robinson - It looks like he is a game-time decision. Playing the Ravens, I would stay away.
· Emmanuel Sanders - The Broncos are now pretty run-heavy. I look at him as a WR3 this week.
· Randall Cobb - The touchdowns has regressed to the mean. He is still solid, but a clear WR2 at best.
· Roddy White - He had a nice game and has a nice match up, but did not look close to 100% last week.
· Julian Edelman - He will be shut down with Brent Grimes covering him most of the game.
· Golden Tate - His targets are back to average with Megatron back. This looks like boom or bust kind of start.
· Andre Johnson - He had a concussion, so plan on him not playing.
· Heath Miller - The Falcons actually do one thing well...and that’s defend the tight end.
I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.