Welcome to week 13 where we review on who to start or sit based on ESPN rankings. I try and not call out obvious decisions or top 6 players at QB, top 15 at RB or WR and make this productive for possible decisions that each fantasy owner has to make each week.
This is probably your last week to make the playoffs, so make it count. We had a nice week in the Start ‘Em going 7-3 and pretty good in Sit ‘Em going 6-4. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter.
· Ryan Tannehill - Playing QB against the Jets secondary...what is not to like?
· Philip Rivers - They play the Ravens who are bottom 7 against the pass in fantasy. They should have to throw to stay in it.
· Jeremy Hill - Even with Bernard back he looks to be their best and favorite option.
· Tre Mason - He should get at least 20 touches since the Rams should be ahead most of the game.
· Fred Jackson - He came back nicely last week and should be a clear RB2 this week.
· Roddy White - He is at home, coming off 5 good weeks in a row, and the Cardinals defense is not good against the pass.
· Jordan Matthews - He is now the WR1 of the Eagles and Sanchez's favorite target.
· DeAndre Hopkins - He has struggled the past few weeks but is a favorite of Fitzpatrick who is back at QB.
· Brandon LaFell - He is solid week-to-week and, in what should be a high scoring game, should be solid this week especially.
· Coby Fleener - He had a tough one last week, but another good matchup should get him some quality stats.
· Russell Wilson - I think he has a very rough time on the road against the weekly improving 49ers defense.
· Eli Manning - They are playing the Jaguars, but in the last 5 weeks they have been a top 10 defense. There are much better options for your run to playoffs.
· Mark Ingram - It looks like his run is coming to a close, and with Thomas back, it could be a full job share.
· Ryan Mathews - While he ran well last week, he got dinged up like usual. Plus, the Ravens at home are always tough against the run.
· Trent Richardson - You could not pay me to place faith in him performing well enough to get my team to the playoffs.
· Brandon Marshall - You may have to start him, but I see the Bears struggling big time versus the Lions.
· DeSean Jackson - I am not sure he is the perfect fit with McCoy at QB. He's too all-or-nothing for my taste in an important week.
· Anquan Boldin - He has been very good for most of the year, but the Seahawks are tough vs the pass. I would pass this week.
· Martavis Bryant - He is another all-or-nothing WR. I would play him only if your team is a big underdog.
· Larry Donnell - He just is not getting enough work to start him right now.
Here are a few fantasy streaming defenses that may be available- Giants, Lions, Vikings and Rams
I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.