While William Hayes has played well in Long’s absence - registering 26 tackles and two sacks - the Pro Bowl (being an alternate still counts right?) defensive end’s return will be an undoubted boost an already stacked defensive line.
Long has missed every game since the season opener after suffering an ankle injury. That injury, and subsequent surgery, landed him on the injured reserve with designation to return list. Chris Long has averaged just over 7 sacks per season in his career. However, since his switch to left defensive end in 2010, Long has averaged just over 10 sack per season. That’s a lot of production the Rams missed.
While he’s probably not ready to return to the field this week (keep your fingers crossed though!), his activation puts him one step closer to game action, and returning our defensive line to full strength for the first time since week one.
More From Turf Show Times
- Rams Reacts Survey: Should L.A. trade their first round pick again?
- Sean McVay is set to skip the NFL scouting combine again
- Are Rams ‘player report card’ grades a concern?
- Should the Rams target Jordan Morgan out of Arizona?
- Mock Offseason: Predicting every offseason move as Rams look to take next step
- Rams coach turned down Patriots coordinator job to stay with Sean McVay