Welcome to our ninth installment of Start ‘em, Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions or top 6 players at QB, top 15 at RB or WR and make this productive for possible decisions that each fantasy owner has to make each week.
This is a huge bye week with Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay and Tennessee off this week. Last week we had a good week going 9-2 in the Start ‘Em and 5-5 in the Sit ‘Em. I will be away on vacation next week as a FYI. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list;
· Colin Kaepernick - His last game on the road against the Rams was his best of the season and that defense has gotten worse if possible, should be a huge week.
· Eli Manning - He always has a big week off the bye and has a good match up at home against a team that was lit up on the road last week,
· Denard Robinson - With 2 very good week in the books and getting a bad run defense in the Bengals, enjoy the ride.
· Chris Ivory - If the Jets are going to stay in the game, he should get at least 15 carries and now has the RB1 job by himself.
· Bobby Rainey - Martin is out this week and the Browns are pretty awful versus the run, the few times he has gotten a ton of touches he has performed well.
· Rueben Randle – He gets 10 targets a game and should run free against the Colts.
· Brandin Cooks - He is back in Brees good graces and gets a bad Panthers defense on Thursday night.
· Allen Robinson – He is the king of garbage time points but they count the same.
· Jason Witten- The Cardinals are shaky defending tight ends and if its Weeden, I can see 8-10 targets.
· Tony Romo – he looked awful when he came back and is a game time decision, do not take the chance it is not worth it.
· Ben Roethlisberger - Coming off a huge week, the defense is tougher and he should come back to earth.
· Jerick McKinnon - He is getting the touches but Washington has been good against the run plus he just cannot get a touchdown.
· Frank Gore - The Rams have done well against bigger backs and with it being so easy to pass against them, Gore just will not get enough chances.
· Tre Mason - Stay far away from the Rams running backs, even Fisher is drawing straws on the sideline.
· Doug Baldwin - The Raiders are actually pretty good against Wr’s.
· Marques Colston - With one good game all year, if he had a different name he would be much farther down any rankings.
· Michael Floyd – He only has 18 targets in last 4 games, wait and see if Palmer starts looking for him again.
· Zach Ertz – He just does not get consistent targets to start him week in and week out.
I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.