Welcome to week 9 as we look at the best available free agents in competitive leagues. I usually keep the list to a manageable 10 or less and list only guys who will have some immediate impact.
This is a tough week as not many guys jump out, but here are a few from last week that if still available can help you out: Charles Sims, Doug Baldwin, Robert Griffin. That being said, let's get to this week's list:
- Brandon LaFell - He has settled in nicely as Brady's #2 target and with their schedule, he is an easy WR3 the rest of the way.
- Bobby Rainey - He is clearly better than Martin and has a few nice match ups coming up as Charles Sims gets into game shape.
- Michael Vick - If your QB is off this week and your league does not penalize for turnovers, he is a nice option for the next few weeks.
- Jonas Grey - He is the new toy at RB for the Patriots, how he will be used going forward is anyone's guess but he did get 17 carries last week.
- Lorenzo Taliaferro - He was on this list early in the year and is clearly behind Forsett but is clearly the goal line back.
- Donte Moncrief - He will be back to WR3 on the Colts but showed some explosion they are not getting from Wayne.
- Theo Riddick - The Lions are saying he will have a role even when Bush gets back.
- John Brown - The rookie had 10 targets last week and is a nice stash on bottom of your roster in case of other injuries.
- Ben Roethlisberger - You will not get a game like last week again but he still will be a top 12 QB the rest of the way.
- Justin Blackmon - This is for dynasty leagues and if your team is looking toward 2015, he will play somewhere.
- Streaming defenses for the week - Chiefs, Browns, and the Steelers.