- The Austin Davis train has left the station. He's costing the same amount as San Fran QB Colin Kaepernick this week. Both are tied for 11th, though you have to wonder how much of that has to do with the defenses they're facing. Teams aren't passing on the Rams much, and when they do, they're not finding a ton of success. The Rams are tops in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game. Meanwhile, the Niners defense is the Niners defense.
- .......both starting RBs, Zac Stacy and Frank Gore, are also tied for the 11th-most expensive options for their position. Conspiracy.
- The defenses are taking the price out of the WR market from this one. Michael Crabtree comes off first at 26th followed soon by the equally costly Anquan Boldin and Brian Quick. If any of the WRs come up big from Monday night, they're going to deliver huge value.
- Once you get past Denver's Julius Thomas and Gronk, you've got the majority of fantasy plays in roughly the same cost tier. Again though, you've got the defensive cap on both of the major plays from MNF in Jared Cook and Vernon Davis.
- I'll argue for Zuerlein every week. Might throw a bone to the defense too for this one. As far as the Octet of Pain goes, this may be one of the lighter offensive tests the Rams' defense will face.
So there you go. Monday Night Football is the last refuge for the fantasy hopefuls. In what looks like it could be a defensive contest, we'll see if Austin Davis and the rest of the Rams' offense can play saviors this week.
Editor's Note: FanDuel is hosting a private fantasy football League for SBNation readers this week. It's $10 to join, the top 200 teams win money, and first place wins $1,000. League starts Sunday 1 PM ET and ends on Monday. Here's the link.