ICYMI, I rolled out my first four offensive position big boards for the 2014 in the preseason:
As I get more stuff together for next April, you'll want to bookmark the TST 2014 NFL Draft Hub for all the content throughout the year relating to the draft. And of course, make sure you've CTRL+D'd Mocking the Draft in your sports links.
Today, we're heading to the offensive line. Let's go through the three positional big boards and then put up a composite O-line big board.
First up, the tackles.
Jake Matthews (preseason scouting report)
|2||Cameron Erving||Florida St.||RS Jr.||LT|
Taylor Lewanpreseason scouting report
Antonio Richardsonpreseason scouting report
Cyrus Kouandjioopreseason scouting report
|7||David Yankey||Stanford||RS Jr.||LT|
|8||Tyler Johnstone||Oregon||RS Soph.||LT|
|10||Sean Hickey||Syracuse||RS Jr.||LT|
|12||Jack Mewhort||Ohio St.||RS Sr.||LT|
|13||Zack Martin||Notre Dame||RS Sr.||LT|
|14||Cameron Fleming||Stanford||RS Jr.||RT|
|15||Spencer Drango||Baylor||RS Soph.||LT|
|17||Cornelius Lucas||Kansas St.||RS Sr.||LT|
|18||Cedric Ogbuehi||Texas A&M||RS Jr.||RT|
|19||Brandon Thomas||Clemson||RS Sr.||LT|
|20||Brandon Shell||South Carolina||RS Soph.||RT|
|21||Eric Lefeld||Cincinnati||RS Jr.||LT|
|22||Rob Havenstein||Wisconsin||RS Jr.||RT|
|23||Tyrus Thompson||Oklahoma||RS Jr.||LT|
|25||Jeremiah Sirles||Nebraska||RS Sr.||LT|
|26||Austin Wentworth||Fresno St.||RS Sr.||LT|
|27||Austin Shepherd||Alabama||RS Jr.||RT|
|28||Ryker Mathews||BYU||RS Soph.||LT|
|29||Brandon Scherff||Iowa||RS Jr.||LT|
- I'm turning a fan of Erving to this point. He's a DT turned offensive tackle, and the aggression shows.
- On the other hand, Cyrus Kouandjio is falling for me. Technique's lacking. Size and aggressiveness is there...but he's slow. Might have to bulk up to RT for this level.
- I still love Morgan Moses. I think he's a starting NFL RT.
- Watch out for Spencer Drango. Great hands, really clean.
- My sleeper? Rob Havenstein.
|1||Cyril Richardson||Baylor||RS Sr.||LG|
|2||Gabe Jackson||Mississippi St.||RS Sr.||LG|
|3||Spencer Long||Nebraska||RS Sr.||RG|
|4||Xavier Su'a-Filo||UCLA||RS Jr.||LG|
|6||Tre' Jackson||Florida St.||Jr.||RG|
|7||Ryan Groy||Wisconsin||RS Sr.||LG|
|8||Anthony Steen||Alabama||RS Sr.||RG|
|9||Jordan Rigsbee||Cal||RS Soph.||LG|
|10||Arie Kouandjio||Alabama||RS Jr.||LG|
|11||Chris Burnette||Georgia||RS Sr.||RG|
|12||Antwan Lowery||Rutgers||RS Sr.||LG|
|13||Malcolm Bunche||Miami||RS Jr.||RG|
|14||Miles Dieffenbach||Penn St.||RS Jr.||LG|
|15||Austen Bujnoch||Cincinnati||RS Sr.||LG|
|16||A.J. Cann||South Carolina||RS Jr.||LG|
|18||Andrew Norwell||Ohio St.||Sr.||LG|
|19||Junior Salt||Utah||RS Jr.||RG|
|20||Landon Turner||UNC||RS Soph.||RG|
|21||John Urschel||Penn St.||RS Sr.||RG|
|22||Aaron Morris||Ole Miss||Jr.||RG|
|23||John Martinez||USC||RS Sr.||RG|
|24||Alex Barr||NC State||RS Soph.||RG|
|25||Matt Rotheram||Pitt||RS Jr.||RG|
|26||Hamani Stevens||Oregon||RS Jr.||RG|
|27||Josue Matias||Florida St.||Jr.||LG|
|28||Sedrick Flowers||Texas||RS Soph.||LG|
|29||Will Simmons||East Carolina||RS Sr.||RG|
- Art Briles is putting together a serious program at Baylor. He's shown that it wasn't just RGIII, who he brought in and developed. I guarantee every NFL scouting crew is paying attention to what's happening in Waco.
- Arie Kouandjio could have a longer NFL career than his brother. Just saying.
- I like Junior Salt. He's still learning the position as a converted DT, but from the Utah State game to last night's Utah-UCLA contest, I saw a noticeable improvement. (note: I gave in to the loving arms of my bed after the Eric Kendricks INT at the end of the 3rd).
- Landon Turner is a young talented offensive lineman at UNC, a program that has a way of wasting its talents.
- Depending on who replaces Mack Brown and how the staff shakes out, Sedrick Flowers could be legit.
|1||Hroniss Grasu||Oregon||RS Jr.|
|2||Travis Swanson||Arkansas||RS Sr.|
|3||Tyler Larsen||Utah St.||Sr.|
|4||Jake Brendel||UCLA||RS Soph.|
|5||Russell Bodine||UNC||RS Jr.|
|6||Brandon Vitabile||Northwestern||RS Jr.|
|8||Gabe Ikard||Oklahoma||RS Sr.|
|10||Zac Kerin||Toledo||RS Sr.|
- Out of the three boards, this one has the biggest drop after the top prospect. It's Grasu and a crew for me.
- I put this board together before last night's UCLA-Utah game. If I had done it after, I might move Brendel up to the three spot.
- Sell on Gabe Ikard all day. His size hasn't been a huge issue in the past. It is this year. I'm looking forward to the Red River Shootout to see him face up against Malcom Browm (the DT, not the RB).
- Centers are hard prospects to evaluate, bruh...
|1||Jake Matthews||Texas A&M||Sr.||LT|
|2||Cameron Erving||Florida St.||RS Jr.||LT|
|3||Cyril Richardson||Baylor||RS Sr.||LG|
|4||Taylor Lewan||Michigan||RS Sr.||LT|
|6||Hroniss Grasu||Oregon||RS Jr.||C|
|7||Gabe Jackson||Mississippi St.||RS Sr.||LG|
|10||David Yankey||Stanford||RS Jr.||LT|
|11||Spencer Long||Nebraska||RS Sr.||RG|
|12||Tyler Johnstone||Oregon||RS Soph.||LT|
|14||Xavier Su'a-Filo||UCLA||RS Jr.||LG|
|15||Travis Swanson||Arkansas||RS Sr.||C|
|16||Sean Hickey||Syracuse||RS Jr.||LT|
|17||Tre' Jackson||Florida St.||Jr.||RG|
|19||Ryan Groy||Wisconsin||RS Sr.||LG|
|20||Tyler Larsen||Utah St.||Sr.||C|
|21||Jack Mewhort||Ohio St.||RS Sr.||LT|
|22||Zack Martin||Notre Dame||RS Sr.||LT|
|23||Anthony Steen||Alabama||RS Sr.||RG|
|24||Cameron Fleming||Stanford||RS Jr.||RT|
- I could see Grasu higher than this, only because the drop off is so high. If you want a center and he's gone, you wait to round 3. Period.
- I think Yankey might be the guy who benefits from another year in school more than any junior on this list. But who knows. Maybe the coaching staff at Stanford cleans up his feet over the season and he's a top 16 pick. But if not, he could be with another year in Palo Alto.
- Just stick to some combo of Alabama-Tennessee-Wisconsin-Baylor and you'll be fine.
Bookmark it, and keep it hot. You can use this to help organize your Saturdays for the college threads throughout the year. And you know I'll take a late call for Turf Show Radio on college ball...