Hello Fantasy Football Fans!
Welcome to the 7th week of the waiver wire 'who is hot and who is not' column of the year. I thank everyone for reading and hopefully this will assist your team on the way to the playoffs. I won't list anyone who was on previous lists, but if Keenan Allen, Zac Stacy, Andre Ellington, Nick Foles or Harry Douglas are still out there, please do yourself a favor and grab them. Let’s get to the list!
Who is Hot:
- Eagles QB – It is fantasy gold and top 5 in points this year.
- Zac Stacy – He has grabbed the RB1 job on the Rams, but does have a tough schedule.
- Brandon Jacobs – He was partying like it was 2008 but they have no one else.
- Jordy Nelson – He is now clearly the WR1 in the fantasy world.
- Cam Newton – He had a huge week and gets the leaky Rams defense next.
- Vernon Davis – Kaep' has finally figured out the best way to make himself look good.
- Stevan Ridley – It looks like he has finally got his job back.
- Arian Foster – The team is struggling but he is getting a ton of touches.
- Philip Rivers – He continues to put up QB1 numbers.
- Keenan Allen – He has emerged as the WR1 target with the Chargers and doesn't look like a rookie.
Who is not:
- DeMarco Murray – Another year, another major injury.
- Eli Manning – He is fantasy irrelevant.
- Calvin Johnson – Trying to play hurt and is a shell of himself.
- Randall Cobb – He looks to be out 6-8 weeks.
- Aaron Rodgers – He is having an average year and with more Lacy will come less passes.
- Marques Colston – It looks like father time has caught up to him.
- Roddy White – He played hurt and now missing more games.
- Steven Jackson – Still not practicing!
- Tavon Austin – With only 4 snaps he does not fit into the power offense the Rams are now running.
- Tom Brady – He is another overrated fantasy QB living by his name.
- C.J. Spiller – He is not getting the touches while struggling with injuries.
- Ray Rice – He is getting the touches, but it looks like the wear and tear has caught up to him.
- Trent Richardson – He continues to be a role RB at best in the Colts offense without the TD’s.
- Chris Johnson – He has also hit the wall and is not startable.
Average Size Leagues Waiver Wire pickups
- Joseph Randle – He is the RB1 for the Cowboys with a great matchup this week.
- Aaron Dobson – He got almost every snap for the Patriots last week.
- Brandon Jacobs – There is no one else at this time in an easy division.
- Kendall Wright – He is not flashy but is putting up 5 catches for 50 yards or so every week.
- Riley Cooper – He has great matchups during the next few bye weeks.
- Percy Harvin – Sounds like he is only a few weeks away.
- Kris Durham – Matt Stafford’s college teammate is getting a ton of looks.
- Chris Ogbonnaya – He has gotten more touches than Willis McGahee.
- Khiry Robinson – He seems to be the Saints RB that is now favored.
- Brandon LaFell – 2 out of 3 good weeks, not a bad chance to take in a bye week.
- Kyle Rudolph – He has a great matchup this week if you need a bye week fill in.
- Denarius Moore – He is the favored target for Pryor.
Send me any questions or lineup decisions on Twitter @dvond
Good Luck this week!