Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
Welcome back to another week of over and underachievers. We will only focus on guys who are ranked outside the top 20 for skill positions and top 10 for Qb's and Te's as many of you will have to always start a skill player in the top 20 regardless of matchup. This should assist more people with game day lineup decisions. Their weekly rating will always be listed in parenthesis. Last week I was able to go 6-4 for the Overachievers highlighted by Andre Brown, Steve Johnson and Ben Roethlisberger while going 5-5 for under achievers being led by Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, and Kenny Britt. With the 1st game coming up on Thursday here is our list:
- Matthew Stafford (12)- The Vikings are always tough versus the run, he will throw the ball all over them.
- Josh Freeman (15)-He gets maybe the worst pass defense in the NFL in the Redskins.
- Alfred Morris (21)- They will continue to ride the 6th round rookie whose job gets more secure by the week.
- Tashard Choice (28)-Fred Jackson limped off the practice field, C.J. Spiller is not ready and leaves him to all carries and catches.
- Willis McGahee (36)-He has been cleared to start and with Manning still looking shaky in real football, expect him to get at least 20 touches.
- Torrey Smith (21)-With no Joe Haden the secondary, it should open up additional lanes and opportunities for Ravens receivers.
- Marques Colston (24)-He is due to breakout as well as all other Saints, this should be the week with the Packers coming off a short week.
- Jeremy Maclin (29)-He is now officially healthy and gets a leaky Giants secondary.
- Brandon LaFell (38)- The Falcons is another shaky pass defense and this should be the week Cam Newton and company break out big time.
- Kyle Rudolph (11)-he continues to have a great connection with Christian Ponder and should roam free against an awful Lions defense.
- Phillip Rivers (11)-He does not look the same and quite tentative, I would expect a very run heavy game plan with Ryan Mathews back in the fold.
- Tony Romo (13)-The Bears will bring their defense to Dallas and continue to confuse Romo as they have in the past.
- Steven Jackson (23)-He is hurting and running very slow, stay far away from him playing the Seahawks.
- Ryan Williams (26)-The most popular waiver pickup this week gets a stingy Dolphins defense, he will be fine long term but not this week.
- Chris Johnson (27)-There is 50 other running backs I would start over him.
- Dez Bryant (24)-He is still all hype and rarely puts a complete fantasy breakout game together; it does not start against the Bears.
- Malcolm Floyd (26)-He is fresh off a contract extension but will not find many openings in the Chiefs backfield.
- Danny Amendola (31)-Going against big, fast cornerbacks is not a good matchup for him or the Rams.
- Kenny Britt (32)-He is slowly coming into form but still needs a few weeks.
- Fred Davis (12)- The tight end does not seem t be part of the game plan for RG3.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful whether here or on Twitter.
Please feel free to contact me on Twitter dvond with any questions.