Sam Bradford has a 100.8 QB rating and averages 8.8 yards per attempt when using play action; Bradford has a 79.6 QB rating and averages only 6.5 yards per attempt when not.
Brian Schottenheimer went so far as to say, "I have never been around a guy that throws the deep ball better than Sam."
The St. Louis Rams have seen the payoff from Sam's deep ball abilities more this year than any year prior. Sam Bradford has 7 passes over 40 yards this season, equaling his total from his two prior seasons combined. A number of factors have contributed to the increase in downfield production.
- Chris Givens - Chris Givens has been a revelation. Sam Bradford has never had a player who could take the top off of a defense. Chris Givens is just that. Think Mike Wallace 2.0.
- The Offensive Line - The offensive line has had its bad moments, but has managed to outperformed expectations, however low those expectations may have been.
- Brian Schottenheimer - Schotty has been spotty. The offensive game planning has been game specific and the Rams don't take shots downfield when they are not there, yet they keep the defense honest.
Motion and Routes:
- 5 of the 7 plays resulted in a Rams touchdown. 1 Resulted in a FG, and 1 resulted in no points.
- Play-action was used on 5 of the 7 plays.
- Motion was used on 5 of the 7 plays.
- The protection/blocking was perfect on 5 of the 7.
- 4 of the 7 plays had 2 WR's or less.
- An extra blocker was left in on 5 of the 7 plays.
- Completions were made in every quarter except for the 3rd. 1st = 4, 2nd = 1, 3rd = 0, 4th = 2.